The broad participation in vaccinations will reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and are an essential piece to keeping our schools and community. We believe strongly in the efficacy of the vaccine and encourage everyone who is eligible to receive it.
On May 12, 2021, the CDC signed off on the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) authorization to make everyone aged 12 and over eligible to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Leadership from the Louisiana Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Louisiana Department of Health have released a public letter urging parents and caregivers to protect their eligible children against COVID-19 with the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. The letter highlights that vaccines are the best way for this age group to safely return to school and to summer activities like camp, and vital for the protection of families.
We encourage our employees and families to speak to their doctor and pursue scheduling the COVID-19 vaccine on their own. Below are some resources to schedule the vaccination. Please note these opportunities are updated on a rolling basis and are subject to change.
- Louisiana Department of Health: Lists locations administering vaccinations
- Jefferson Parish Government: Lists opportunities to receive vaccinations
- Ochsner: Sign in or create a MyOchsner account to view and schedule available vaccination appointments
- LCMC: Create a free LCMC account to view and schedule a vaccination appointment
- CVS Pharmacy: View and schedule available vaccination appointments
- Walgreens Pharmacy: View and schedule available vaccination appointments
- Walmart Pharmacy: View and schedule available vaccination appointments online or call 1-833-886-0023 to schedule
- VaccineFinder: Search for locations administering vaccinations
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine and eligibility, please see this guidance from the Louisiana Department of Health. For more information on the approval process for 12-15 year old eligibility, see this press release from the FDA.
Vaccination Poster Contest
To encourage eligible students and employees to get their COVID-19 vaccine, JP Schools hosted a district-wide high school Vaccine Poster Competition. One winner from each participating high school was selected from more than 94 student entries. View the winning designs below.