2020-2021 Early Online Registration Takes Place June 1-5
Early registration for the 2020-2021 school year for students new to Jefferson Parish Public Schools (K-12) will take place June 1-5. As we continue to keep the safety of our community our top responsibility, we have shifted to online registration. This registration period is for students who are new to the Jefferson Parish Public School System. Students who are currently enrolled at a Jefferson Parish School do not need to complete early registration.
To register your child, please use the following link https://jpsis.jpschools.
The user-friendly registration process allows parents to upload required registration documents. Parents should have the following documents available when they begin the process:
- Birth Certificate.
- Final Report Card (except for students entering Kindergarten).
- Current state of Louisiana Universal Certificate of Immunization.
- Proofs of Residency. (see below)
Documents presented as proof of residence must bear the name and current legal address of the student’s parent/legal guardian. Acceptable documents (minimum of two (2)) include the following:
- Lease agreement.
- Current utility bill or deposit.
- Copy of an agreement to purchase or an act of sale for completed dwelling.
- Copy of an agreement to purchase or an act of sale for a residential lot entered into by the parent/legal guardian of the student, and a notarized statement from a contractor indicating the anticipated date of completion of a dwelling on the lot, said completion date not to exceed ninety (90) calendar days.
- Legal document issued by or approved by the Civil District Court for the Parish of Jefferson giving control and custody to the adult(s) if other than the student’s legal parent(s) with whom the student resides, if the student is (16) years of age or under.
- Legal documents verifying student’s emancipation and/or legal proof of residence as required.
- Legal document issued by or approved by the U. S. Office of Immigration and Naturalization.
If none of these documents are available, the school principal will allow the parent 15 school days to provide acceptable proofs of residency.
Returning Students Who Have Moved
Families with a change of address may schedule an appointment July 14-17 at your school to update your residency and contact information. Only one family member will be allowed to enter the school at the appointment time. Please contact your school to schedule an appointment.