Jefferson Summer Bridge 2022
Jefferson Summer Bridge is a program tailored to meet the needs of those students who need assistance getting ahead. This free summer learning program is offered to students by Jefferson Parish Schools. Summer Bridge will provide students with accelerated learning in a camp-like setting. Students will not only be exposed to next year’s coursework, but they will engage in fun enrichment activities that will cater to the whole child. Your child was chosen to participate because his/her school leader felt s/he would benefit the most from getting a jump start next school year.
What are our goals for Jefferson Summer Bridge?
- All participating students have the opportunity to engage in content that will prepare them for the next school year and accelerate any learning gaps.
- All participating students have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities that increase joy and engagement and develop the whole child.
- All participating students have the opportunity to safely interact with their peers and build a sense of community.
- Four weeks from June 16 - July 8
- Full Day from 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Off Friday, July 1 and Monday, July 4
- Breakfast served at 7:30 a.m.
- Instructions will commence at 8:00 a.m
- Pre-k-8th and students will be enrolled in classes based on their incoming 2021-2022 grade level
- In-Person only
- Students will receive 90 minutes of both accelerated ELA & Math instruction daily.
- Students will be assigned to 1 of 16 hub sites across the district based upon their homeschool’s geographical location.
- Students with bus transportation needs will be picked up from and dropped off at designated bus stops within the students’ homeschool’s attendance zone.
- The JPS Transportation Dept will notify parents of drop off and pickup times
- Students will engage in 2.5 hours of enrichment activities to explore interests that develop the whole child, such as STEM, art, music, dance, PE, outdoors, reading for enjoyment, creative writing, and project-based learning.
Number of Students:
- Approximately 350 students per hub site
- Students are required to wear their school uniform daily