Congratulations to the staff members at Granville T. Woods School for being recognized as October 2022 JP School's School of the Month.
Every month, JP Schools highlights academic excellence through its School of the Month program. The honor acknowledges schools that are implementing practices that generate positive student outcomes.
"I attribute our success to the dedicated staff that walk into our building every single day. "
Here are some of the ways G.T. Woods School is winning for kids:
- G.T. Woods School fosters a culture that is conductive to learning, growing, and mastering the skills necessary to succeed in life.
- The school increased the number of sudents scoring Mastery and above on LEAP by 4 percentage points, increased EL students scoring 80% or above on the ELPT by 11 percentage points, and increased K-3 students reading at or above grade level as measured by Acadience by 23.5 percentage points.
- The school has established a foundation of success by ensuring all students have the opportunity to participate in the arts, athletics, student leadership, and community service.
- G.T. Woods has put into place additional structures to promote social, emotional, and academic growth for all students, including a therapeutic room and food pantry.
- At G.T. Woods, faculty and staff share common values, processes and beliefs that ensure every child is number one.