Register for a Parent Computer Skills Workshop
With the shift towards using technology to support student learning, Jefferson Parish Schools is committed to providing resources and support to our families as well. In partnership with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and United Way, JP Schools is excited to offer free, in-person Parent Computer Skills Workshops for JPS parents in a socially distant setting in both English and Spanish. These computer and technology workshops will train parents in basic computer skills to help their child(ren) participating in virtual and in-person learning. Computers will be provided by the district for use during the training sessions.
These workshops complement the resources and support available in the Family Resource Center for Online Learning and through our Parent and Student Technology Helpdesk.
The Computer Skills Workshops are offered for free to caretakers with a child currently enrolled in Jefferson Parish Schools. To register, please call 504-349-7776 or visit one of the links below. Capacity is limited, and parents are required to register in advance. Parents have the flexibility of registering for just one session or all three sessions.
East Bank Workshops:
The below workshops will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. at Meisler Middle School, 3700 Cleary Ave. in Metairie.
- Tuesday, January 26: Intro to Chromebooks, How to get to JPS Website, Icons, GMail
- Tuesday, February 2: Intro to Google Classroom (Classes, Link to Login), Clever & Google Meet
- Tuesday, February 9: Intro to Google Slides, Docs, Google Forms (Kami/PDF)
West Bank Workshops:
The below workshops will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. at Terrytown Elementary, 550 E. Forest Lawn Dr. in Terrytown.
- Thursday, January 28: Intro to Chromebooks, How to get to JPS Website, Icons, GMail
- Thursday, February 4: Intro to Google Classroom (Classes, Link to Login), Clever & Google Meet
- Thursday, February 11: Intro to Google Slides, Docs, Google Forms (Kami/PDF)
For more online resources and technology support, visit jpschools.org/familyonlinelearning