WJHS 2020 GRADUATION INFORMATION
West Jefferson HS Graduation Information
When: Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Where: Pontchartrain Center, End of Williams Boulevard
Time: 9:30 A.M.
Senior Reporting: 8:00 A.M.
Parents Entry: 8:30 A.M.
Admits: Two per graduate (subject to change) Programs: Self-serve (1-Please). All graduates will receive a souvenir program
- Graduates and Faculty must enter the left entrance facing the building
- EVERYONE will be temperature checked prior to entering the building.
- EVERYONE must wear a mask prior to entry and throughout the ceremony, mask can only be removed when you are being photographed on stage.
- Graduating seniors will be assigned to staging rooms upon entry into the building.
- Once students arrive to staging room, they must be seated and remain seated in assigned chairs
- All graduates must remain in assigned staging rooms with mask on at all times.
- Audience seats will be roped off in two’s and family members are asked to sit together.
- Graduates MUST be on time. Late graduates may not be able to enter.
- Anticipated ceremony length is 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Balloons and flowers cannot be brought into the Pontchartrain Center.
- Everyone attending must have an admit card, even toddlers.
- Graduates are encouraged to leave purses, and any item that you have to carry in your cars or at home.
- Remove your gown from the package so that the wrinkles can fall out. You may use a warm iron, but be careful.
- Male Attire: Black pants, white shirt, tie in the colors of red, black, or grey. Shoes must be black and worn with black socks. No tennis shoes should be worn.
15. Female Attire: Solid colored dresses or dress slacks -(black dress slacks only) no jeans. Dresses should not be longer than your graduation gown. Shoes must be black with a reasonable size heel. Please DO NOT wear heels at a height you are not accustomed to walking in. Flats can be worn.
Females who wish to wear pants and shirts can do so, however must roll up pants above the length of their gown for the ceremony. Pants must be black. Earrings must be studs or small hoops. No large earrings.
ALL graduates must have:
- Red Graduation Gown
- Red Graduation Cap – WITH NO DECORATIONS
- Silver Graduation Stole
- Recognition Cords (issued by West Jefferson High School ONLY)
- Community Service
Admit Card(s): Will be issued by drive through pick-up on Thursday, July 2, 2020 beginning 10:00 A.M. and ending at 1:00 P.M. There will be no other time to pick up your admit(s) .
Diplomas will be available upon school re-opening at the school site.
FEES: Students can pay fees online or make arrangements during the admit card pick up on July 2, 2020.
Retrieval of belongings: Contact Mr. Ross to make arrangements.