2022 High School Summer Program Registration Now Open
Jefferson Parish Schools is pleased to offer various layers of summer programming for high school students. The programs range from opportunities to relearn LEAP 2025 core content areas and potentially retake the state assessment, to opportunities to earn advanced business certifications.
“Through these program offerings, we can give students the extra support they need to graduate prepared and on time to enter college and a career,” said Superintendent Dr. James Gray.
LEAP 2025 Remediation, Jefferson High School Summer Bridge, and Jump Start Summers will be offered to high school students this summer. Information and registration links for each program are below. Please send any questions or concerns to email@example.com and list the program of interest in the subject line).
LEAP 2025 Remediation
LEAP 2025 Remediation will help students in grades 9-12 achieve the testing requirements for graduation through remediation and/or an opportunity to retake the LEAP 2025 test. LEAP 2025 Remediation registration is available online.
- Dates: June 4 & 11; June 13-17
- Times: 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Testing Window: June 20-June 24.
- Locations: East Jefferson High & Higgins High
Jefferson High School Summer Bridge
Jefferson High School Summer Bridge will allow targeted high school students to retake a LEAP content course and earn Carnegie credits for graduation. This program is intended for students enrolled in grades 9-12 during the 2021-22 school year who previously failed a LEAP course, but passed the LEAP assessment. Course offerings include English I/II, Algebra I/Geometry, Biology/US History. This free, in-person learning program will include a blend of live instruction and independent activities. The final student grade earned in the program will be added to the student’s transcript and will not
replace the original grade. Jefferson High School Summer Bridge registration is available online.
- In-person Instruction Dates: June 16 to July 8
- In-person Instruction Times: 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- In-person Instruction Locations: East Jefferson High & Higgins High
Jump Start Summers
Jump Start is Louisiana’s innovative career and technical education program to allow students to earn Industry Based Credentials (IBCs) and recognized certifications during high school. Jump Start Summers provides eligible high school students with an opportunity to earn an IBC in target career fields, including carpentry, graphic arts, emergency medical response, digital media, and lodging and management. Students can earn a stipend for successful completion of the program. Session 1 is open to JP Schools students in grades 9-12. Session 2 is available to JP Schools rising 9th grade students. Jump Start Summers registration is available online.
|Session 1: June 16-July 8||Session 2: July 11-29|
|Sites: East Jefferson High, Higgins High, Cuillier Career Center||Sites: Cuillier Career Center, Jefferson Virtual High|
- Days/Times: Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Eligibility: students must have a 2.0 or higher cumulative high school GPA and good academic standing. Additionally, students cannot have a record of excessive absences, or major/multiple disciplinary infractions. This program is intended for students attempting the certification for the first time. Students cannot have previously attempted and failed the certification course.