Second Round of At-Home Learning Packets Now Available
Jefferson Parish Schools families can pick up a second set of learning packets starting Monday, March 30. The district has offered families two ways to access optional at-home learning resources while schools are closed: online and print. Families can pick up these printed packets at one of the district’s 13 Grab & Go sites starting Monday, or simply download them today at jpschools.org/LearnAtHome.
The printed packets were created for families unable to access the district’s online resources. The first and second round of packets, along with additional resources, can be found at jpschools.org/LearnAtHome. The second round of packets are for grades PK-12 and will be distributed at sites Monday, March 30, Wednesday, April 1, and Friday, April 3 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please note that the Grab & Go sites will start operating a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule the week of March 30. Packets will be distributed until they run out. As packet numbers decrease at sites, the district may consolidate the remaining packets to be distributed only at specific sites later in the week. Check jpschools.org for the latest updates. The Grab & Go locations are:
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary: 6818 Kawanee Drive in Metairie
- Emmett Gilbert School: 435 S. Jamie Blvd. in Westwego
- Fisher Middle-High: 2529 Jean Lafitte Blvd. in Lafitte
- Gretna Middle: 910 Gretna Blvd. in Gretna
- Hazel Park Elementary: 8809 Jefferson Hwy. in River Ridge
- Marie Riviere Elementary: 1564 Lake Ave. in Metairie
- Marrero Middle: 4100 7th Street in Marrero
- Meisler Middle: 3700 Cleary Ave. in Metairie
- Riverdale High: 240 Riverdale Drive in Jefferson
- Terrytown Elementary: 550 E. Forest Lawn Drive in Terrytown
- Truman School: 5417 Ehret Road in Marrero
- Woods Elementary: 1037 31st Street in Kenner
- Worley Middle: 801 Spartans Drive in Westwego
The Grab & Go service will include pick-up lines outside the school for families to drive through or walk up. In order to avoid creating a large crowd, it is important that families immediately leave campus after receiving their packet and/or meal. JP Schools provided the first round of printed learning packets to families at the Grab & Go sites March 18-20.