Schneckenburger library news: More online resources
During this time of uncertainty and required in-home learning, Cox is helping get families in need connected to the internet through our Connect2Compete program.
Effective Monday, March 16, we are providing:
- Limited-time, first month free of Connect2Compete service, $9.95/month thereafter
- Until May 15, 2020, we are providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs
- Resources for discounted, refurbished equipment through our association with PCs for People
- A Learn from Home toolkit for schools, including instructions on how to fast-track eligible students without internet access
- To Qualify: Families with K-12 children who are eligible for the National School Lunch Program, SNAP, and/or TANF; who receive Tenant-Based Vouchers, Project-Based Vouchers or Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA); and/or who live in Public Housing
residential/internet/ connect2compete/covid-19- response.html
Please check jpschools.org website for more information. For more online resources, please check our schools' website's family resourcess.
In response to the current COVID-19 event, several online resources available from both the Jefferson Parish and Louisiana State Libraries are setting up special measures and adding tutors to assist students and teachers during school closures. An attachment from Scholastic and a link from Brainfuse with instructions for using their home learning and study sessions.