2021 High School Summer Programs
Jefferson Parish Schools is pleased to offer various layers of summer programming for high school students. The programs range from opportunities to relearn LEAP 2025 core content areas and potentially retake LEAP to opportunities to earn advanced business certifications.
“Through these program offerings, we can give students the extra support they need to graduate prepared and on time to enter college and a career,” said Superintendent Dr. James Gray.
LEAP 2025 Remediation
The summer LEAP 2025 Remediation Program will help students in grades 9-12 achieve the testing requirements for graduation through remediation and/or an opportunity to retake the LEAP 2025 test.
- LEAP remediation is scheduled for June 7-18. Testing window is June 21-June 25.
- Programming will take place at East Jefferson (East Bank) and L.W. Higgins (West Bank).
Students can register for LEAP 2025 Remediation via this Google Form.
Jefferson High School Summer Bridge
The High School Summer Bridge program will allow targeted high school students to retake a LEAP content course and earn Carnegie credits for graduation. This program is intended for students enrolled in grades 11 and 12 during the 2020-21 school year who previously failed a LEAP course, but passed the LEAP assessment. Course offerings include English I/II, Algebra I/Geometry, Biology/US History. A free, hybrid learning program, High School Summer Bridge will include a blend of live instruction and independent activities.
- Jefferson High School Summer Bridge will run from June 7 - July 2 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Students will attend one day of synchronous, in person instruction and one day of asynchronous virtual instruction. Students can attend up to four days a week if additional support is needed.
- In-person instruction will take place at East Jefferson (East Bank) and L.W. Higgins (West Bank).
The final student grade earned in the program will be added to the student’s transcript and will not replace the original grade.
Students can register for High School Summer Bridge via this Google Form.
Jump Start Summers
- Jump Start Summers will take place June 1 - 23, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to noon.
- Programming will take place at East Jefferson, L.W. Higgins and Cuillier Career Center.
- To be eligible students must have a 2.0 or higher cumulative high school GPA and good academic standing. Additionally, students cannot have a record of excessive absences, or major/multiple disciplinary infractions.
- This program is intended for students attempting the certification for the first time. Students cannot have previously attempted and failed the certification course.
Students can apply for Jump Start Summers via this Google Form.