Jefferson Parish Schools is partnering with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana and United Way of Southeast Louisiana to help families improve their computer literacy. The state’s largest school system is expanding its free computer literacy workshops for families. Registration is now open for caretakers with a child currently enrolled in JP Schools.
JP Schools is now a 1:1 district, meaning every child has access to a device. With technology playing an ever-growing role in a student’s education, basic computer skills help families support their child in school.
This is the second year these workshops are being offered. JP Schools is expanding its offerings in 2021-22 to include more campuses and workshops. Registration is now open for Session 2, which will be offered from March to May. Session 2 workshops will focus on introduction to Google Docs, Google Slides, & Kami. Workshops will be offered in both English and Spanish.
To register, complete the online form or call 504-349-7776. Capacity is limited. Computers will be provided by the district for use during the training sessions.
Session 2 Workshops: Intro to Google Docs, Google Slides, & Kami
The workshops below will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. Due to limited capacity, please only register for one session 2 workshop.
- March 22: Gretna Middle at 910 Gretna Blvd. in Gretna
- March 24: Audubon Elementary at 200 W. Loyola Dr. in Kenner
- March 29: Solis Elementary at 2850 Mount Laurel Dr. in Gretna
- March 31: Hearst Elementary at 5208 Wabash St. in Metairie
- April 5: C.T. Janet at 2500 Bent Tree Blvd. in Marrero
- April 7: Hazel Park/Hilda Knoff Elementary at 8809 Jefferson Hwy. in River Ridge
- April 19: Livaudais Middle at 925 Lamar Ave. in Terrytown
- April 21: Metairie Academy at 201 Metairie Rd. in Metairie
- April 26: Cherbonnier/Rillieux Elementary at 700 Dandelion Dr. in Waggaman
- April 28: Birney elementary at 4829 Hastings St. in Metairie
- May 3: Lincoln Elementary at 1429 Ames Blvd. in Marrero
- May 5: Tom Benson School at 3315 Maine Ave. in Kenner
- May 12: Riviere Elementary at 1564 Lake Ave. in Metairie