Congratulations to the staff members at Woodmere School for being recognized as January 2023 JP School's School of the Month.
Every month, JP Schools highlights academic excellence through its School of the Month program. The honor acknowledges schools that are implementing practices that generate positive student outcomes.
"I would like to thank our students, staff, and parents for taking our vision and seeing it through to grow our school."
Here are some of the ways Woodmere School is winning for kids:
- Woodmere Elementary School fosters a culture that is conductive to learning, growing, and mastering the skills needed to succeed in life.
- Woodmere has been recognized by the Louisiana Department of Education as a Comeback Campus.
- Woodmere's 2022 School Performance Score exceeded their pre-COVID School Performance Score by 10.5 points.
- In 2022, the school increased the number of students scoring Mastery and above on LEAP by 5%, increased the percentage of EL students scoring 80% or above on the ELPT by 14%, and increased the percentage of K-3 students reading at or above grade level by 12%.
- School leaders, faculty, and staff have put into place structures to promote social, emotional, and academic growth for all students.
- All stakeholders at Woodmere Elementary School share common values, processes, and beliefs that ensure every child's needs are met.
- Teachers set high expectations for students, and students take responsibility for their own learning.