Vaccine Eligibility Update
JP Schools Family,
Governor John Bel Edwards recently announced that all Louisiana residents over the age of 16 will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning Monday, March 29. This is great news for our district and provides another layer of safety for our schools. We believe strongly in the efficacy of the vaccine and encourage everyone who is eligible to receive it.
Below are some resources to schedule the vaccination on your own. Please note these opportunities are updated on a rolling basis and may fill up quickly based on vaccine supplies.
- VaccineFinder: Search for locations administering vaccinations
- Louisiana Department of Health: Lists locations administering vaccinations
- Jefferson Parish Government: Lists opportunities to receive vaccinations
- Ochsner: Sign in or create a MyOchsner account to view and schedule available vaccination appointments
- LCMC: Create a free LCMC account to view and schedule a vaccination appointment at the New Orleans Convention Center.
- CVS Pharmacy: View and schedule available vaccination appointments
- Walgreens Pharmacy: View and schedule available vaccination appointments
- Walmart Pharmacy: View and schedule available vaccination appointments online or call 1-833-886-0023 to schedule.
- Sam's Club Pharmacy: Create a free guest account to view and schedule vaccines or call 504-263-8919 extension 0 to make an appointment at the Sam's Club in Harvey
In addition to contributing to the health and safety of our community, vaccinations will help reduce disruption to teaching and learning. According to the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, fully vaccinated individuals DO NOT need to quarantine if exposed to a COVID-19 positive or presumed positive case, so long as the exposed individual shows no COVID-19 symptoms. The individual must be able to submit proof of vaccination in the form of a valid vaccination card or LINKS immunization record.
All schools will continue to follow the health and safety protocols outlined in Start Strong Jefferson, including mask wearing, frequent handwashing, temperature checks, and social distancing, for the remainder of the school year. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the risk of spread is decreased when these mitigation strategies are in place.
For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine and eligibility, please see this guidance from the Louisiana Department of Health.
Dr. James Gray