2021-22 Academic Calendar Approved
JP Schools Family,
Thank you for your support as we continue to prepare for the next school year. The 2021-22 academic calendar was approved on April 15 by the Jefferson Parish School Board.
Our calendar committee put together three different options with input from different stakeholder groups including parents, teachers, school administration and support staff. More than 7,000 votes were cast, and 62% of respondents voted for the approved calendar.
The first day of school for students will be Monday, August 9, following five teacher preparation days, and the school year will end for students on Wednesday, May 25. Some additional highlights from the 2021-22 academic calendar include:
- Teachers start August 2. Students in grades 1-12 start August 9. Kindergarten and Pre-K students start August 12-13.
- Teacher PD/Parent Conferences days are September 24 and February 18. January 4 is a full day of professional development. Students will not have school on these days.
- The last day for students is May 25 and the last day for teachers is May 26.
- Multiple dates are reserved as make-up days for inclement weather.
- Student only holidays:
- September 24 (Teacher PD/Parent Conferences)
- February 18 (Teacher PD/Parent Conferences)
- January 3 (Records Day)
- January 4 (Professional Development)
- Student and employee holidays:
- September 6 (Labor Day)
- October 11-13 (Fall Break)
- November 22-26 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 20-31 (Winter Break)
- January 17 (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- February 28 to March 4 (Mardi Gras Break)
- April 11-18 (Spring Break)
The calendar provides more than the required instructional minutes and adheres to the board’s agreement with the Jefferson Federation of Teachers. The calendar may change to accommodate state testing changes and emergency related school closures.
Thank you for being the champions our students deserve. We look forward to the 2021-22 school year.
Jefferson Parish Schools