Free Computer Literacy Workshops Available for Parents, Guardians
Jefferson Parish Schools is partnering with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana and United Way of Southeast Louisiana to help families improve their computer literacy. The state’s largest school system is expanding its free computer literacy workshops for families. Registration is now open for caretakers with a child currently enrolled in JP Schools.
JP Schools is now a 1:1 district, meaning every child has access to a device. With technology playing an ever-growing role in a student’s education, basic computer skills help families support their child in school.
This is the second year these workshops are being offered. JP Schools is expanding its offerings in 2021-22 to include more campuses and workshops. Two different sessions will be offered this school year. Registration is now open for Session 1, which will be offered from December to February. Session 1 workshops will focus on introductions to Chromebooks and Google Classroom. Workshops will be offered in both English and Spanish. Registration for session 2 will begin later this school year.
To register, complete the online form or call 504-349-7776. Capacity is limited. Computers will be provided by the district for use during the training sessions.
Session 1 Workshops: Intro to Chromebooks & Google Classroom
The workshops below will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. Due to limited capacity, please only register for one session 1 workshop.
- December 14: Gretna Middle at 910 Gretna Blvd. in Gretna
- December 16: Clancy-Maggiore Elementary at 2100 Maine Ave. in Kenner
- January 11: Solis Elementary at 2850 Mt. Laurel Dr. in Gretna
- January 13: Audubon Elementary at 200 W. Loyola Dr. in Kenner
- January 18: CT Janet Elementary at 2500 Bent Tree Ln. in Marrero
- January 20: Hearst Elementary at 5208 Wabash St. in Metairie
- January 25: Livaudais Middle at 925 Lamar Ave. in Terrytown
- January 27: Hazel Park/Hilda Knoff Elementary at 8809 Jefferson Hwy. in River Ridge
- February 1: Cherbonnier/Rillieux Elementary at 700 Dandelion Dr. in Waggaman
- February 3: Metairie Academy at 201 Metairie Rd. in Metairie
- February 8: Lincoln Elementary at 1429 Ames Blvd. in Marrero
- February 10: Birney Elementary at 4829 Hastings St. in Metairie
- February 15: Woodmere Elementary at 3191 Alex Korman Blvd. in Harvey
- February 17: Tom Benson School at 3315 Maine Ave. in Kenner
- February 24: Riviere Elementary at 1564 Lake Ave. in Metairie