Congratulations to the staff members at L.H. Marrero Middle School for being recognized as November 2022 JP School's School of the Month.
Every month, JP Schools highlights academic excellence through its School of the Month program. The honor acknowledges schools that are implementing practices that generate positive student outcomes.
"If you walk through the halls of Marrero Middle, you will see engaged students, and teachers leading fun activities. We are so honored to receive this recognition."
Here are some of the ways Marrero Middle is winning for kids:
- L.H. Marrero Middle School fosters achievement for every student and sets high standards for lifelong learning, responsible citizenship, and respect for all people.
- Marrero Middle has created a culture that is welcoming to all students and guests.
- Leaders, teachers, and students demonstrate respect and kindness for each other which has led to a 40% decline in major referrals from the 21-22 school year.
- Marrero Middle increased their overall LEAP assessment index by 5.6 points in the 21-22 school year.
- The school works to create leadership opportunities for the staff. Many of their former teachers and administrators are now leading their own schools or are serving on the leadership team at Marrero Middle.