Magnet School Programs
The 2023-24 New Resident Magnet School application window reopens at 8 a.m. on July 31, 2023.
New students to Jefferson Parish are defined as follows:
- Students who are current residents of Jefferson Parish who are currently enrolled in a private or parochial school, and did not attend any Jefferson Parish public school during the previous or current school year.
- Students who relocate to Jefferson Parish from another state or country and are able to produce proof of prior residency in another state or country as well as current residency in Jefferson Parish.
- Students who relocate to Jefferson Parish from another Parish within the state of Louisiana and are able to produce proof of prior residency in another Parish as well as current residency in Jefferson Parish.
- If such student(s) enter into (newly reside) Jefferson Parish outside of the established application window, such students are eligible to apply for admission into a Magnet program provided that:
- The Student (s) meet all requirements set forth for entry into the Academies,
- The Student(s) were not students in a Jefferson Parish public school during any part of the previous academic year,
The Student (s) have not applied to a Magnet program during the current or prior academic year,
It is no later than three weeks before the second day of the third marking period AND
There are openings and there is no waitlist for the program and grade level into which the student would seek entry.
Admission will continue to remain open and available to those new students (as defined above) to Jefferson parish who meet the admission qualifications of the required application process.
- 2023-2024 JP Schools Magnet School Application Portal
- 2023-2024 Magnet Program Frequently Asked Questions
- 2023-2024 Application Portal Reference Sheet
Jefferson Parish Schools is pleased to offer several magnet schools specializing in STEM, Arts Integration, International Baccalaureate, and Dual Language Immersion. Enrollment is application based and seats are granted on a first come, first serve basis. Magnet school applications can be completed through our online portal at specialtyselection.
If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at (504) 349-7792 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Arts Integration Programs
The comprehensive arts integration program is designed for students who have a strong interest in dance, drama, music, and art as well as for students who want a challenging academic experience. The curriculum is designed to incorporate the arts into the core classes to help deepen and broaden student understanding while adhering to the state mandated learning objectives and parish policies.
- Clancy-Maggiore Elementary
- Lincoln Elementary
International Baccalaureate Program
IB programs develop the whole student, helping students to grow intellectually, socially, aesthetically, and culturally. They provide a broad and balanced education that includes science and the humanities, languages and mathematics, technology, and the arts. They instill a sense of responsibility towards others and towards the environment. IB programs also give students an awareness and understanding of their own culture and of other cultures, values, and ways of life.
- Riverdale High
- Ehret High
Language Immersion Program
The dual language immersion program develops student proficiency in a second language while providing a foundation in the fundamentals of language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science. The program fosters an understanding of and an appreciation for Louisiana’s culture and those of other areas and countries.
- J.C. Ellis School
- Boudreaux Elementary (Spanish)
STEM schools provide a curriculum and learning experience that is based on four specific disciplines: science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). There is an emphasis on engaging students in inquiry-based learning focused on solving real-world problems. Students work productively as teams using the engineering design process, and engage in cross-curricular and project-based learning.
- Judge Lionel Collins Elementary
- Ralph J. Bunche Elementary
Magnet School Virtual Tours
Lincoln Elementary School Tour
J.C. Ellis School Tour
John Ehret High School Tour
Judge Lionel Collins Elementary School Tour
Clancy-Maggiore School Tour
Boudreaux Elementary School Tour
Riverdale High School Tour