Mission & Vision
One Adult. One Child. One day at a time.
At G.T. Woods, we believe that it is vital to prepare our students to be successful learners as well as active contributors in the 21st century. Our stakeholders are committed to work together to achieve our shared vision, mission, and goals.
G.T. Woods exists to provide a safe and nuturing school communitywhose sole purpose is developing, inquiring, knowledgeable, reflective, well-balanced, open-minded, and caring, solution-oriented and college and career ready students.
Oh, the places you'll go!
- Students reading at or above grade level.
- Students reading a variety of texts, using reasoning, and providing relevant supporting evidence.
- Students using math skills and concepts to solve real world problems.
- Students use positive behavior expectations to achieve social, emotional, and academic success.
We embody this purpose through multiple opportunities that we provide for students and stakeholders including the following
- Daily, intensive literacy instruction for identified students with deficiencies in reading;
- Accelerated small group instruction for students who are above level in reading;
- Afterschool tutoring to help students improve reading and math skills;
- Selection of students exhibiting leadership skills to be members of the National Beta Club and K-Kids Club;
- Student participation in extracurricular activities—choir, dance team, band—and performance in district and community events;
- Weekly and quarterly PBIS incentives for students who display positive behavior expectations;
- Parent information meetings on Common Core standards, standardized testing, and instructional resources; and
- School-community activities such as our annual Family Literacy Night, Fall Fest, and Mardi Gras Ball that encourages family and community members to share in fun, interactive activities with students.
Regular Schedule Hours: 8:40 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Early Release Schedule Hours: 8:40 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.