Virtual Jefferson Program
Virtual Jefferson Parents/Guardians,
The purpose of this message is to provide you with additional information on the Virtual Jefferson program. Please assist your child or children at home with adhering to the following Virtual Jefferson expectations:
- Students will receive instruction from a teacher and have access to other learning platforms.
- Lessons will follow district pacing guidelines and be aligned to Louisiana State Standards.
- Students will complete all assignments by the due date/time assigned by the teacher.
- Teachers will engage students daily in learning and provide feedback on student work.
- Students who participate in Virtual Jefferson will remain students at their 2020-2021 schools.
- Students must report to class virtually every day at the designated class time during the school day. Your child’s teacher will take attendance every day.
- Student assignments and tests will be graded and recorded in JCampus.
- Students will receive interim reports and report cards.
- Students who receive accommodations and additional services will continue to receive those services.
- Students must wear his/her uniform shirt and their choice of pants or shorts during virtual class.
- Students will be eligible to participate in any extracurricular activities offered by the school.
- Families will receive an appointment for virtual orientation and technology pick-up prior to the start of school.
- Virtual Jefferson students may remain, virtual students, the entire school year, however, all registered students must commit to a full nine-week period.
We are excited to partner with you as we provide your family with a virtual learning option. To help your child get ready for virtual learning, you may want to begin preparing his/her workspace with comfortable seating and proper lighting. The space should be located close to an electrical outlet in case your child's device is not fully charged. We will continue to provide you with virtual learning tips for success throughout the school year. We are committed to continuous improvement, and welcome your feedback and recommendations to the program.
Principal T. Johnson,
Harry S Truman School
JP Schools Student Fees
All schools will now begin using the same schedule of fees. This is a list of authorized school fees that includes each fee’s purpose, use, amount or authorized range, and how each will be collected.
In addition, families who meet the guidelines for waivers may receive a 50% reduction in student fees. Fees covered by the amended policy are any monetary payment or supplies required as a condition of a student being enrolled in school or participating in any curricular or co-curricular activity. This does not include fees associated with before or after-care, class trips, items purchased through third-party vendors, and fees associated with extracurricular activities.
Some examples of waiver eligibility include active military, foster care, homelessness, or families who are on government assistance.
Parents or legal guardians may request and receive a waiver of payment of a fee due to economic hardship. Waivers are available on the district’s website (see below), with the school counselor/social worker, and at the district’s Compliance Office (501 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, LA 70058). If a waiver is denied at the school level, the parent or legal guardian may appeal the decision to the district’s Compliance Office.
Truman Student Fees
- ID Fee $10.00
- PE Uniform $20.00
- Science Lab Fee $5.00
- Social Studies Fee $5.00
5417 Ehret Road
Marrero, LA 70072