240 Riverdale Dr.
Jefferson, LA 70121
JP Schools Student Fees
All schools will now begin using the same schedule of fees. This is a list of authorized school fees that includes each fee’s purpose, use, amount or authorized range, and how each will be collected.
In addition, families who meet the guidelines for waivers may receive a 50% reduction in student fees. Fees covered by the amended policy are any monetary payment or supplies required as a condition of a student being enrolled in school or participating in any curricular or co-curricular activity. This does not include fees associated with before or after-care, class trips, items purchased through third-party vendors, and fees associated with extracurricular activities.
Some examples of waiver eligibility include active military, foster care, homelessness, or families who are on government assistance.
Parents or legal guardians may request and receive a waiver of payment of a fee due to economic hardship. Waivers are available on the district’s website (see below), with the school counselor/social worker, and at the district’s Compliance Office (501 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, LA 70058). If a waiver is denied at the school level, the parent or legal guardian may appeal the decision to the district’s Compliance Office.
Riverdale High Student Fees
Pay most of your fees online at My School Bucks.
- Student fees for the school year at $30. This covers the initial student ID, agenda, and student related activities.
- All math classes collect a $4 student fee.
- Biology Classes (Excluding IB) $10
- Physics: $5
- Chemistry: $10
- Physical Science $10
- Environmental Science $10
- Senior IB Students: $100
- Junior IB Students $100
- Advanced Math: $20 (Covers MathXL & Dual Enrollment Fees)
- Robinson Art I & Talented Art (Excludes IB Art): $20
- Whitmore: Art/FAS: $20
- TV Production/Advanced Broadcast: $25
- First Responder Fee: $3 (Covers supplies for labs, check-skill practice & test)
- Band Fees
- $25 for band shirt, buses, food
- $35 instrument maitenance fee if rent school-owned instrument
- May Order
- $25 band shoes
- $10 extra band shirt