Joshua Butler Elementary
300 Fourth Street
Westwego, LA 70094
JP Schools Student Fees
All schools will now begin using the same schedule of fees. This is a list of authorized school fees that includes each fee’s purpose, use, amount or authorized range, and how each will be collected.
In addition, families who meet the guidelines for waivers may receive a 50% reduction in student fees. Fees covered by the amended policy are any monetary payment or supplies required as a condition of a student being enrolled in school or participating in any curricular or co-curricular activity. This does not include fees associated with before or after-care, class trips, items purchased through third-party vendors, and fees associated with extracurricular activities.
Some examples of waiver eligibility include active military, foster care, homelessness, or families who are on government assistance.
Parents or legal guardians may request and receive a waiver of payment of a fee due to economic hardship. Waivers are available on the district’s website (see below), with the school counselor/social worker, and at the district’s Compliance Office (501 Manhattan Blvd., Harvey, LA 70058). If a waiver is denied at the school level, the parent or legal guardian may appeal the decision to the district’s Compliance Office.
Joshua Butler Student Uniform Policy
- SCHOOL UNIFORMS
- Does Joshua Butler Elementary School students wear uniform?
Yes, students must be in uniform daily.
- Where can Butler uniforms be purchased?
School Uniforms may be purchased from the following uniform outlets:
- Uniforms by Kajan (371-8570) 1981 Barataria Blvd. Marrero, LA
- Skobel’s School Uniforms (366-6887) 1742 Stumpf Blvd. Terrytown, LA
- Johnson’s Uniform (340-6061) 619 Westwood Drive, Marrero, LA
- Uniforms by Logo Express (367-7393) 649 Yetta Avenue, Harvey LA
- What items are needed for complete school uniform?
- Purple uniform shirt (PK and K) / Royal Blue uniform shirt (1st-5th)
- Uniform shirts must have Butler logo.
- The shirt must be worn tucked in at all times.
- Navy Blue Uniform bottoms for ALL STUDENTS PK-5th
- Pants, knee length shorts, skirts, skorts, and jumpers are permitted.
- Shorts must be walking shorts to the knee.
- Skorts, jumpers, and skirts may be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Pants must be worn at the waist and must be of appropriate size and fit with no tears/rips. Pants with elastic bottoms at the ankles are not allowed no sweatpants/joggers
- Belt (1st-5th)
- It must be worn at all times when belt loops are present on garments.
- Tennis shoes
- No open toe or backless shoes are to be worn.
- Tennis shoes are the recommended shoe.
- No crocs or slides
- Leggings may be worn under shorts and skirts
- Long sleeved shirts may be worn under the uniform shirt.
- Sweatshirts/Jackets may be worn over the uniform shirt.
- Sweatshirts without hoods must have Butler logo or solid Royal Blue in color
- Jackets must be unzipped in the building.
- Hoods/scarves/gloves are not allowed to be worn in the building.
VIOLATIONS OF SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY
- 1stoffense: Verbal warning
- 2ndoffense: Parental contact via phone or email
- 3rd offense: Behavior report & Parental contact via phone or email
- 4thoffense: Detention & Parental contact via phone or email
- 5th offense: Parent/Teacher/Student conference with an Administrator