ThriveKids Student Wellness Program through Children’s Hospital New Orleans strives to optimize healthcare and academic outcomes for kids.
Through this partnership with Jefferson Parish Schools:
- Students and families have access to additional health resources
- Staff can receive professional education, training, and a dedicated Medical Director
- School nurses and mental health professionals can facilitate communication between families, healthcare providers, and school staff to ensure holistic care
- Families may have access to continued care during natural disasters and prolonged school closures
By choosing to enroll in this voluntary, free program:
- Students have access to a ThriveKids care coordinator that can connect them with specialists to meet their needs and be successful in school.
- Bridges a communication gap and provides clarity/insight regarding pertinent student health information like test results, procedures needed in school, asthma attack, post-op surgical care, etc.
- Provides prompt communication between families, school nurses, school mental health professionals,and healthcare providers.
- Helps to improve academics and attendance by allowing school staff to identify needs and provide