Mission to Mastery
Jefferson Parish Schools' Mission to Mastery (M2M) holiday intersession is our extended learning program designed to provide students with additional opportunities for accelerated learning during designated holiday breaks. Students will engage in accelerated ELA and math instruction with integrated science and social emotional components in a camp-like setting. Students will also participate in enrichment activities that will cater to the whole child. Your child was chosen to participate because his/her school leader felt s/he would benefit the most from additional accelerated learning time.
Complete your child's intent to attend form:
What are our goals for M2M: Holiday Intersessions?
- All participating students have the opportunity to engage in content that will accelerate the closing of any learning gaps.
- All participating students have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities that increase joy and engagement and develop the whole child.
What are the program details?
- Full Day from 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Breakfast (cereal and milk/juice) and lunch (pizza and milk/juice) will be served. Students are welcome to bring their own breakfast and/or lunch.
- Instruction will commence at 8:00 AM.
- Session 1: December 18-20 & 27-29
- Session 2: February 15-16
- In-Person only
- Students will receive 90 minutes of both accelerated ELA & Math instruction daily.
- Students will be assigned to 1 of 2 hub sites (either Harry S. Truman or Joseph C. Moscona) based upon their homeschool’s geographical location.
- Transportation will be provided via a hub system. Bus pick up and drop off will be at the student’s homeschool based on the student’s address. The JPS Transportation Dept will notify parents of drop off and pickup times
- Students will engage in 2.5 hours of enrichment activities to explore interests that develop the whole child, such as STEM, art, music, dance, PE, outdoors, reading for enjoyment, creative writing, and project-based learning.
Number of Students
- Approximately 200 students per hub site
- Students are required to wear their school uniform daily.
How will we ensure that our students are safe?
- The health and safety of our students and staff remain our highest priority. All staff and students will still adhere to JP Schools' Start Strong guidelines to ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible.
How do I secure my child’s spot in the program?
- We highly encourage your child’s participation in this free program to ensure s/he is provided with additional opportunities for accelerated learning. Space is extremely limited. Please complete the Mission To Mastery: Holiday Intersession Intent to Attend form online to secure your spot. Students will be enrolled on a first come first served basis.