Jefferson Virtual High School
Jefferson Virtual High School (JVHS) offers online instruction through an advanced online curriculum. JVHS is an ideal program for self-motivated students who excel in online instruction. This versatile program offers an array of courses that are tailored to ensure students’ college and career readiness.
(PHASE 2) 2023-24 JVHS Application Window for New Students
The application window will take place from May 1-12, 2023. Families can apply using the link below.
- (PHASE 2) - 2023-24 Jefferson Virtual High School Admissions Application
- 2022-23 Informational Flyer
Phase 2 - CURRENTLY OPEN
- May 01, 2023 - May 12, 2023 - Phase 2 Application Window
- May 31, 2023 - Admission Status Notification sent to Families
Phase 1 - CLOSED
- February 01, 2023 - February 17, 2023 - Phase 1 - Application Window
- March 31, 2023 - Admission Status Notification sent to Families
- Synchronous classes with teachers always present to instruct, guide,and facilitate daily lessons
- Career and Technical Education Career Pathways
- Elective Courses offered consistent with Louisiana Dept.of Education requirements
- LEAP 2025 Courses
- JVHS in-person Graduation Ceremony
- Laptops are provided to each student
- Students will have an embedded learning management system which will provide the student and parent easy access to track attendance, progress, and assignments
- Students will be assigned two morning classes, intermission/lunch, and two afternoon classes
- Students will be provided standard courses for both graduation pathways
- Students will be provided Dual Enrollment opportunities
- Students will be provided opportunities for honors courses, if qualified
- Students will be provided synchronous activities to reinforce lessons with transition time for assignments,
group work, and interventions
- Students must provide their own transportation to the designated campus to complete in-person state-mandated assessments, e.g. Benchmarks, LEAP 2025, ELPT, WorkKeys, ACT, etc.
- Students must attend class daily during the regular school day
- Students must follow the adopted academic calendar of Jefferson Parish Schools
- Students must have reliable at-home internet service
- As students become more self-disciplined and acclimated to self-paced learning, the time allocation for learning will shift and continuously shift through the high school courses
To apply for openings at Jefferson Virtual High School or other schools in our system, please visit jpschools.org/careers.