Mission & Vision
School Mission Statement:
One Mission. One Team. One School.
- All children will be provided a safe and caring environment to learn and do their personal best.
- All children deserve a high-quality education that develops their unique talents, allows them to explore their curiosity through challenging activities while building upon their individual strengths.
- All children can learn, a belief confirmed by recent growth in student performance.
- Children’s academic success should not be determined by their race or socio-economic background.
- All children deserve excellent teachers who provide personalized instruction that will allow students to perform at a basic level or above.
School Vision Statement:
Our vision is that IGJ will foster the best-educated generation that this school has ever seen. We are committed to raising academic achievement by putting students first and making faster, wiser decisions that will help our school meet the needs of all students.
At Isaac Gerard Joseph Elementary School we will ensure high academic achievement for all students to eliminate the achievement gaps between races and classes by preparing students to be globally competitive citizens sustainable beyond the classroom. At Isaac Gerard Joseph Elementary we will provide a consistent teaching and learning environment that focuses on academic excellence for all children.
Good day Yellow Jacket families! I am truly grateful to serve as principal at Isaac G. Joseph Elementary School. It is my absolute pleasure and joy to serve the students, parents, and community of Westwego and Marrero. We will work every day to be an academic force within our district and state. Our goal at Issac G. Joseph will always be to make certain that your child/children are safe, nurtured, and educated at the highest level EVERY DAY! I hope to build strong partnerships with you to make sure our students are the best educated students we've ever seen!
Be Brave. Do Hard Things.
Proposed Regular Schedule Hours:
7:45 am - 2:35 pm