Associate Educator Program
The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) and the Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) recently announced that they will be implementing a new statewide program that allow employees with Associate’s Degrees to be hired as Associate Degreed Educators within public school systems (ACT 99).
- Must have an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Participants must be at least twenty-five years of age.
- Must be continuously enrolled in an undergraduate teacher education program at an accredited college or university for the purpose of obtaining a bachelor’s degree.
- Each participant must participate in weekly teacher collaborations.
- Participants can only participate in the program for five years.
- Pay may not exceed 75% of the average teacher pay of the LEA.
**A participant can not teach in a class for students with identified exceptionalities, unless the students are identified as gifted or talented.
Who to Contact
Questions about careers and the application process:
- Trovania Otkins, firstname.lastname@example.org (504-349-7890)