Who should I contact if my child tests positive for COVID, experiences symptoms, or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19?
Families should notify our school nurse, Nurse Elizabeth Tucker at 504.833.7288 or firstname.lastname@example.org if your child becomes sick with COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed or suspected case. We are asking students who are experiencing COVID 19 symptoms to stay home and seek appropriate medical attention when you are sick (fever, dry cough, body aches, etc…) to avoid possible infection of others.
What is Riverdale doing to keep my student safe?
We are taking the following additional steps to minimize the chance of an outbreak at our school:
- Increasing sanitation efforts in our school building, including restrooms, the cafeteria, classrooms, etc.
- Requiring all employees to complete online training for common illness prevention.
- Monitoring absences daily.
- Asking students or staff who are sick, to stay home and seek appropriate medical attention when you are sick (fever, dry cough, body aches, etc…) to avoid possible infection of others.
- Intentionally and persistently combating stigma. As new information emerges, it’s important we remember that the risk of COVID-19 is not at all connected to race, ethnicity, or nationality.
As this is an ongoing situation, the CDC updates its online resources daily. These can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
We will continue to monitor COVID 19 and update you if we have more information.
What should I do if my student gets sent home from Riverdale?
- Parents will be responsible for picking up their child from school if it is determined that the student has any signs of illness. Students who have COVID-19 should stay home and remain isolated until they have recovered and have been determined to no longer be infectious according to CDC’s end of isolation criteria.
- Students, families, should notify the school if they test positive for COVID-19.
- Riverdale will communicate with parents of students who were in close contact with the affected COVID-19 individual.
- All COVID-19 cases will be reported to LDH in accordance with
How will my child learn if she/he is quarantined?
• Should students need to be quarantined, they will bring devices home, access assignments in Google Classroom and conduct asynchronous learning for days out of school.
• Teachers will check assignments, provide feedback for assignments through Google Classroom and monitor student work.
What should I do if my child does not have a device?
Please complete a Loan Agreement. If you do not have access to a printer, please come to the attendance office and we will be happy to assist you.