JVHS Uniform Policy
It is the obligation of Jefferson Virtual High School to provide an educational atmosphere conducive to the learning process. Students, teachers, and administrators have the right to be free from distracting clothing, which hinders the learning process. To limit distractions, students will wear a school uniform.
When learning from home, students will wear a standard uniform every day which will include pants or skirt and shirt.
When learning from school, students will wear a standard uniform every day which will include pants or skirt, shirt, belt, socks, shoes, and ID. Students may not alter the uniform and may not wear any garments that are not approved by the administration. The Uniform Policy is in effect when the students enter campus and until students leave campus. Students who violate the uniform policy will be directed to call a parent to correct the problem and/or assigned other consequences which may include after-school detention, ISS, or out of school
- All students are expected to wear a plain white or gray polo shirt.
- When on campus, all shirts MUST be tucked neatly inside pants/skirt.
- Only khaki uniform pants are allowed. No jean or denim fabric allowed.
- Pants must be hemmed and NOT be frayed, rolled up, have cuts, holes or slits.
- All pants must be the correct waist size and worn at the waist. Big, baggy pants or skintight pants ARE NOT ALLOWED.
- Only khaki uniform skirts are allowed.
- The uniform skirt may be no shorter than TWO inches above the crease at the back of the knee.
- Skirts must be worn at the waist and not rolled.
- NO PANTS OR LEGGINGS OF ANY KIND MAY BE WORN UNDER SKIRTS!
- Only black tights with FEET may be worn under skirts.
- A khaki, brown or black military buckle is the ONLY acceptable style belt.
- Only shoes with LACES may be worn, and shoes must be securely tied.
- Shoes and Socks: Students may only wear athletic shoes, top-siders, or hard-soled shoes.
- Backless shoes, boots, high heels, platform shoes, moccasins, slippers, flip flops, or shoes with wheels may not be worn.
- Sock colors for all students may only be black, white, and/or gray
- NO HOODED ITEMS ARE ALLOWED ANYTIME ON CAMPUS – STUDENTS ARE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINE CONSEQUENCES.
- In very cold weather, students should layer their clothing.
- A heavy winter coat when temperature dictates may be worn to school but must open in the front to display the current ID card.
- ID’s must be worn on the chest area and be clearly visible at all times.
- Book bags must be see-through (i.e clear, plastic, or mesh)-school bags only, no tote bags. Students may not write or paint on school bags (name may be written inside the strap.)
- Purses may not be larger than 8 1/2″ x 11″ (the size of a piece of loose leaf paper).
- Student’s hair must be clean and combed.
- Hats shall not be brought to school.
- No hoop or dangling earrings are allowed. Only stud earrings no larger than a dime are allowed. No other pierced body jewelry is allowed.
- A student may not write on or deface any part of the school uniform, shoes, bodies, IDs, or book bags. Any decoration or accessory must be in good taste and NOT be offensive, insulting, promote hatred, or incite inappropriate behaviors.
- No excessive accessories are allowed.
- Tattoos must not be visible; they must be covered at all times.
It is also the obligation of the school to enforce the attributes of personal hygiene, neatness, and safety. Therefore, all students must maintain a physical appearance in keeping with stated policy. Students violating stated dress code policy will be subject to disciplinary action. Parents or guardians will be called to provide a proper uniform for the student or to pick up the student from school until a proper uniform can be attained.