• JP Schools Celebrates Inaugural Career Ready Week April 26-30, 2021

    Thank you to everyone who participated!

  • JEDCO Tweets About Fast Forward Grant
  • West Jefferson High Students Participate in Mock Interviews Sponsored by Walmart
  • GNO, Inc. Tweets About Their Partnership with JP Schools
  • John Ehret High Hosts Superintendent Dr. Gray and School Board Member Tiffany Kuhn
  • Career Ready Week Breakfast
  • Career Ready Week Interview on WVUE Fox 8
  • “Central to our 2024 strategic plan is preparing all students to graduate ready for a career or college,” said Dr. James Gray, superintendent for JP Schools. “Our students are entering an economy that demands a better educated workforce than ever before. Alongside our local business and industry partners, we’re proud to offer several programs and career pathways to prepare students for high-skilled, high-demand and high-wage jobs.

    According to graduation data from 2019, only 51% of JP Schools students immediately entered college following high school graduation. The district is working to close the gap for the other 49% with technical training embedded directly into the high school experience.

    Gray emphasized, “It’s critical that we direct equal attention to offering students work-based learning experiences as we do to college preparation. Our local workforce depends on it.”

    Career readiness initiatives on JP Schools high school campuses included:

    • Differentiated graduation pathways and diplomas based on a student’s postsecondary plans
    • Career Technical Education (CTE) in high-demand career clusters
    • Fast Forward, a pathway to pursue an associate’s degree through a partner community college while simultaneously earning a high school diploma
    • Leadership opportunities through business clubs, such as Jobs for America’s Graduates
    • Free registration for the ACT WorkKeys, a career readiness assessment test
    • Access to the Cuillier Career Center, a state of the art job-training school
    • Opportunities to earn industry based credentials
    • Apprenticeship and pre-apprenticeship programs

    The awareness campaign focused on high school campuses, but all levels of schools within the district were encouraged to participate by hosting virtual career days, dress-up days and more.



     Stay Tuned for Dates for Next Year’s Career Ready Week

    Cuillier Students

    *Students enrolled in the Cullier Career Center vocational program, 2019