Parent Computer Skills Workshops
With the shift towards using technology to support student learning, Jefferson Parish Schools is committed to providing resources and support to our families. In partnership with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and United Way, JP Schools is excited to offer free, in-person Parent Computer Skills Workshops for JPS parents in a socially distant setting in both English and Spanish. These computer and technology workshops will train parents in basic computer skills to help their child(ren) participating in virtual and in-person learning. Computers will be provided by the district for use during the training sessions.
These workshops complement the resources and support available in the Family Resource Center for Online Learning and through our Parent and Student Technology Helpdesk.
The Computer Skills Workshops are offered for free to caretakers with a child currently enrolled in Jefferson Parish Schools. To register, please call 504-349-7776 or visit one of the links below. Capacity is limited, and parents are required to register in advance. Parents have the flexibility of registering for just one session or all three sessions.
East Bank workshops:
The below workshops will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. at JC Ellis, 801 Brockenbraugh Ct. in Metairie.
- Tuesday, March 9: Intro to Chromebooks, How to get to JPS Website, Icons, GMail
- Tuesday, March 16: Intro to Google Classroom, Clever & Google Meet
- Tuesday, March 23: Intro to Google Slides, Docs, Google Forms
West Bank Workshops:
The below workshops will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. at Isaac Joseph Elementary, 1525 Spruce St. in Westwego.
- Thursday, March 11: Intro to Chromebooks, How to get to JPS Website, Icons, GMail
- Thursday, March 18: Intro to Google Classroom, Clever & Google Meet
- Thursday, March 25: Intro to Google Slides, Docs, Google Forms