JPS Voluntary Transfer Process: March 1–
May 27, 2023–Extended to June 8, 2023
(Application window for Voluntary Transfer: March 1 –
May 26, 2023– Extended to June 2, 2023)
What types of employees are eligible for the Voluntary Transfer Process (VTP)?
The Voluntary Transfer Process is for certificated Teachers, Deans, Assistant Principals, Counselors, and Paraprofessionals.
Who is eligible for transfer?
Certificated Teachers, Deans, Assistant Principals, Counselors, and Para-professionals are eligible for transfer if they:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in JPS at their current school
- Hold a valid Louisiana teacher certificate in the requested subject-area vacancy (teachers and administrators only)
- Are currently NOT on any level of an Intensive Assistance Plan (IAP)
Note: Support employees such as Secretaries, General Clerks, Plant Managers, Custodians, Account Clerks, and Crossing Guards may transfer at any time, as vacancies become available.
How do I participate in the Voluntary Transfer Process?
Eligible employees who desire to participate in the VTP are required to complete an Internal Application /Transfer Form online during the application window (March 1-
May 26, 2023– Extended to June 2, 2023).
- The window for transfer opens on March 1, 2023. Employees begin the process by completing a Transfer Request online at (www.applitrack.com/jppss/onlineapp). The application window closes on
May 26, 2023- June 2, 2023.
- Once on the application site, scroll down to Internal Applicant, click on “Submit an internal application/transfer form”
- Click “Start” to begin the application process. When you get to the Vacancy Desired Page, click on 2023-2024 Employee Transfer Request or 2023-2024 Paraprofessional Transfer Request.
- Complete the remainder of the application and then click submit. Your request will not be processed until you click submit.
What happens after I complete my internal application/transfer form?
- Human Resources will begin reviewing requests on March 1, 2023, and notify you via email if your request has been approved or denied. Your approval email is required for you to transfer. If approved, you should go back to your application and on the Vacancy Desired Page, click on the desired positions for which you qualify. You must then submit your application. Your application will then be forwarded to the principal(s). NOTE: Your application will not be forwarded if you do not click submit.
- Principals will review applications and schedule interviews accordingly. Once a Principal has selected an applicant for a position, the Principal will make a job offer. If the applicant accepts the job offer, the Principal and applicant will complete a Mutual Consent Form (original signatures required). The Principal will then submit the Mutual Consent Form to Human Resources to process the transfer. Human Resources will notify the Principal who is losing an employee (due to transfer) of his/her new vacancy.
- In the event more than one Principal makes a job offer to an applicant, the applicant’s choice will prevail.
- The posting of vacancies will be on-going during the transfer process. As transferring employees reach mutual consent for the 2023-2024 school year, the positions they are leaving will be posted as vacancies.
- Applicants and Principals are encouraged to monitor the website frequently/daily during the transfer process. Applicants should apply for desired positions as they become available. As positions are filled, new vacancies are created, thus monitoring the site daily is essential. As new vacancies are posted online, you will need to repeat the process to apply for new positions as they become available.
What happens after the Voluntary Transfer Process?
- Once a Mutual Consent has been signed by the Principal and employee, the Mutual Consent CANNOT be rescinded. The VTP will then be closed to the employee for the 2022-2023 school year. The employee is not eligible for another transfer for a period of two years. ALL EMPLOYEES WHO APPLY FOR TRANSFER MUST REACH MUTUAL CONSENT BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON
May 27, 2023– June 8, 2023.
No principal may discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status or any other legally protected activities or characteristics in the transfer process.
All transfers will be reviewed by the Human Resources department to ensure continued compliance with the Dandridge final settlement agreement. Any employee who reaches mutual consent but has a pending discipline case, the mutual consent will be held until the discipline case is resolved. All transfers will require clearance from Human Resources and the final approval of the Superintendent.
Please forward all questions via email to email@example.com.