Dear Prospective Student-Athlete and Parent(s):
If you are planning on playing a sport at a Division I or Division II college or university after high school, you will need to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse. This should be done as soon as possible. Only Division I and Division II schools require registering with the Clearinghouse. If you are not sure of a school’s division, you can check at www.ncaa.org. Then click on the “Sports and Championships” tab at the top, right side of the screen. You can then click on the division and check the listing of schools.
See the requirements for initial eligibility here:
Registration for the NCAA Clearinghouse must be done on-line.
- Click here to start your registration process.
- Click on “NCAA College-Bound Student-Athletes” and enter the required information in order to register.
- Click on “Domestic Student-Release Form”
- Fill out the form – Bonnabel's High School CEEB Code is 191776. There is a $60.00 fee that can be made with a credit card. A few waiver can be provided for a student only if that student is receiving free or reduced lunch and therefore received a fee waiver for the SAT or ACT exams. Student and parent (if student is under 18) must agree to the authorization statements.
- PRINT YOUR COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORM and bring it to the counseling department.
- Once you have brought us the completed registration, we can then send the Clearinghouse your transcripts.
***Once you have registered, if you take SAT or ACT test from that point on, you must list the Clearinghouse as one of the institutions to receive your scores. The code is “9999” when filling this out on your SAT or ACT form. The Clearinghouse must receive your scores directly from the testing institution. If you have already taken the SAT or ACT test and did not have the scores sent to the Clearinghouse, you will need to request them from the testing institution. You can do this at the following websites:
SAT Test Scores www.collegeboard.com
ACT Test Scores www.actstudent.org
*Please make sure you have discussed your desire to play your sport at a Division I or II level with your coach.
In addition to athletic ability, a student-athlete is also expected to demonstrate academic success. There is a “Worksheet for Monitoring Initial-Eligibility Progess” available at https://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/hs/wksheet.pdf. Please follow this closely to see what courses, grades, and/or SAT scores are necessary.