*This is not a comprehensive list of all scholarships available. You may also search online, or within your community or church to see if other opportunities are available. For scholarships awarded by a college or univeristy, please check the website for the individual school.PFLAG New Orleans ScholarshipGeneral Information
The PFLAG New Orleans Scholarship Program recognizes outstanding LGBTQ+ students from Louisiana, encourages continuing education for self-identified LGBTQ+ students and allies, and fosters a positive image of LGBTQ+ individuals in society. Find out more about the history of the Scholarship Program here. To learn more about the application process and to submit an application, click here.
The Scholarship Program offers scholarships of between $1,000 and $10,000 (larger scholarships are payable over a period of four years) to eligible college students. The program is supported by the generous contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations, and organizations.Eligibility and Terms
To be eligible for a PFLAG New Orleans scholarship, applicants must be:
- Self-identified (by means of a written statement on the scholarship application) as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
- A resident of the state of Louisiana at the time of application. A copy of the applicant’s current Louisiana state drivers license or state ID must be submitted with scholarship application as proof.
- Seventeen years old, or older, by April 15th of the award year.
- Applying to attend (or currently attending) a post-secondary educational institution.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.comNational Association of Federal Education Program Administrators (NAFEPA) and Louisiana Association of School Administrators of Federally Assisted Programs (LASAFAP) ScholarshipsIn an effort to support academic excellence, both the National Association of Federal Education Program Administrators (NAFEPA) and Louisiana Association of School Administrators of Federally Assisted Programs (LASAFAP) scholarship award applications are available via the https://lasafap.net/
- PFLAG New Orleans scholarships range in value from $1000 to $10,000. The exact number and amount of awards will be determined each year by the Scholarship Committee.
- Only complete applications with all supporting documents submitted by the due date will be considered for an award.
- All applications and supporting documentation will be considered confidential.
- Applicants will be notified of application outcome by April 15.
- Award recipients must submit a written acceptance of award offered by no later than noon on May 1.
- Unless physically unable to do so, award recipients must attend the Scholarship Champagne Reception.
- Awards will only be made jointly payable to the award recipient and his or her institution of higher learning. Under no circumstances will awards be made payable only to the recipient.
- Awards will be made available to the recipients for a period of two years from the day of the scholarship reception. Larger awards will be paid out over a period of four years.
- Questions about the terms and conditions of the PFLAG New Orleans Scholarship must be submitted in writing to the Scholarship Committee by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
website. Details of each scholarship including eligibility, criteria, submission information, etc. are included on the applications.
- NAFEPA will award four scholarships, each worth $2,500. All NAFEPA scholarship applications must reach our State's NAFEPA Representative, Mr. Jesse Winston, Jr. on or before January 11, 2021. Please reach out to Mr. Winston at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- LASAFAP will award three scholarships to students throughout the state this year, each worth $1,000. All LASAFAP applications must reach Mr. Reginald Dodd, LASAFAP Scholarship Chairperson, on or before March 5, 2021. Please reach out to Mr. Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Catholic Youth Leadership Award
High School Seniors who are Practical Catholics are eligible.