WELCOME TO WOODMERE'S VIRTUAL ORIENTATION!
We would like to welcome you all to the 2020-2021 school year! As a safe way to provide our students and families information about the upcoming school year, we will be conducting our "Back to School" orientation virtually! During this virtual orientation, you will find important information about school's start and end dates and safety precautions, as well as teacher's presentations, etc.
- August 31st: 1st-5t grade students
- September 1st: PK/K Girls (STUDENTS ONLY - No parents are allowed on campus with students)
- September 2nd: PK/K Boys (STUDENTS ONLY - No parents are allowed on campus with students)
- September 3rd: All PK/K students
- Regular Hours: 8:00 AM - 2:50 PM
- Early Release Hours: 8:00 AM - 12:20 PM
**Students are not allowed on campus until 7:30 AM**
- Phone: 504-371-0476
- Fax: 504-347-9882
COVID SAFETY PLAN
The purpose of this safety plan is to provide a safe environment for all students, faculty, and staff. As per the district's policies for safety:
- Temperature checks will be conducted at the beginning of the day, and periodically throughout the day.
- Anyone with a temperature of 99.4 or above need to be picked up by a parent/guardian.
- Sanitary stations are placed at every entrance.
- Students will receive hand sanitizer every morning, as they enter campus.
- Water fountains mouth spouts will not be accessible for students.
- Students should have a water bottle with them to refill throughout the day.
- Students are expected to wash their hands before and after eating, and after using the restroom.
- Classrooms will be sanitized throughout the day.
- ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THE MASK HAS YOUR CHILD'S NAME ON IT. WE SUGGEST EACH CHILD TO BRING AN EXTRA MASK TO SCHOOL INSIDE OF A BROWN PAPER BAG.
- Stay home and seek appropriate medical attention when you are sick:
- Dry Cough
- Body Aches, etc.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. The constant rubbing action helps soap break down the grease and dirt that carry most germs. This way, your hands don’t just smell fresh, but you’ll also reduce the germ count on your hands by up to 99%.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing your food, dishes, utensils, and other personal hygiene items.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Avoid shaking hands.
**To view a list of Jefferson Parish COVID testing sites click here.**
This year we will be following the district's school supply list found here. Please remember to only bring cleaning supplies and classroom essentials on the first day of school. Essential supplies will be used daily, and sharing school supplies will not be allowed.
Chromebooks will be distributed on August 28th from 8:00 AM to 12:00PM and from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM. A parent or guardian must pick up the Chromebook. During Chromebook distribution, the parent/guardian must fill out and sign a Jefferson Parish Electronic Device Agreement.
**If you have at least one child attending a school in Jefferson Parish Schools, participate in one of these government subsidy programs: the National School Lunch Program, SNAP, TANF or Public Housing and have not had Cox internet services in the home within the last 90 days, your household could qualify to receive low-cost, home internet with wifi for only $9.95 per month. Find out if you qualify by visiting www.cox.com/c2c, or call 1-855-222-3252 today.**
MEET THE TEACHER
Click the link(s) below to view your child's teacher's presentation: