Health officials have shared that the best ways to prevent the spread of coronavirus are the same preventions recommended for the flu and common cold. We advise you and your student(s) to take these everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Stay home and seek appropriate medical attention when you are sick (fever, dry cough, body aches, etc…).
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. The constant rubbing action helps soap break down the grease and dirt that carry most germs. This way, your hands don’t just smell fresh, but you’ll also reduce the germ count on your hands by up to 99%.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing your food, dishes, utensils, and other personal hygiene items.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Avoid shaking hands.
The CDC updates its online resources daily. These can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.