Our Start Strong Jefferson plan is guidance for our schools to open the 2020-2021 school year safely and successfully. It was developed after months of collaboration and thoughtful planning with school and district leaders. We utilized guidance from the LDOE, the Louisiana Department of Health, the CDC, and local public health officials. We used input from our families, educators, and community members via multiple surveys.
During the development of Start Strong Jefferson, there were several critical priorities we used in order to build a strong foundation for returning to school. Our Start Strong Jefferson priorities are:
- Ensure a safe teaching and learning environment for our students and employees.
- Provide all students a high-quality education five days a week.
- Prioritize safe, in-person learning environments with a focus on our PK-5 students.
- Be prepared to transition to 100% virtual instruction if needed.
- Give families a choice about the best school instructional model for their children.
- Provide our families and employees with the necessary training and support.
- Communicate proactively and clearly with students, families, employees, and community.
Our top responsibility is the safety of our students and employees, and our top priority is student learning. We know the 2020-2021 school year will be different. Given the fluid nature of this public health crisis, we may adjust our plan as we get new information.We need input from our students, families, educators, and community members about our Start Strong Jefferson plan to ensure we can best support our stakeholders this school year. Please share your input here.
Start Strong Jefferson Resources
Low-Cost Internet with Cox Communications
Academic Calendar Survey Results
Caregiver and Staff Survey Results
End of Year Planning Survey Results
Our Previous Planning