Statement of Policy
The Jefferson Parish School Board (“Board”) strictly prohibits bullying and/or harassment, as defined herein. The Board shall take reasonable steps to end bullying/harassment, to prevent its future recurrence and to prevent retaliation against any individual who reports allegations of bullying/harassment or cooperates in the investigation of an alleged violation of this policy. This policy applies to students on school grounds, while traveling to and from school, or a school-sponsored activity, and during school-sponsored events.
Click here to view the Student Bullying Prevention Video
The month of October is Safe School Month. JPS has dedicated the month of October to Bullying Prevention Month.
- Students in grades 3-12 must receive and acknowledge receipt of one hour of age appropriate Anti-Bullying Training to be completed by October 31, 2020.
- All school district employees who service students must complete two hours of Bullying Prevention training with employees new to JPS being required to complete four hours of training.
- All schools with grades 6-12 are required to have a designated area where students can make reports of bullying anonymously.
The flyer & information sheet, found under "Quick Links," provides additional information and ideas to assist schools with activities for the month of October.
- Possible Activities:
- Important Dates:
- Suggested Resources:
Important Safe School Dates:
- October 4-10 – National Fire Prevention Week
- October 5 - World Day of Bullying Prevention - Wear Blue
- October 21 – Unity Day – Wear Orange
- October 18-23 - Safe School Week
- October 23-31 – Red Ribbon Week
- October 31 – Students and Teachers Bully Prevention Training Completion
Employee Training: Safe Schools
Bullying: All Employees
Due October 31, 2020
Bullying: Recognition & Response (Refresher)
- Making Schools Safe & Inclusive for Transgender Students
- School Violence
- Self-Injury & Cutting
- Playground Supervision
Bullying: New Employees
Due December 18, 2020
Bullying: Recognition & Response (Complete)