“The Minutes in Minutes” is a new feature that highlights Jefferson Parish School Board meetings. To see everything that happened at the January 10, 2019 school board meeting, watch the video above. You can click here to view the agenda from each meeting or click here for more information about the Jefferson Parish School Board. To learn how you can watch our board meetings live, click here.
JP Schools Superintendent Dr. Cade Brumley presented Working to Transform: Roosevelt Middle. The video series highlights the work being done to improve student outcomes in our Transformation Network schools. Click here to view the video.
- Second Reading authored by Tiffany Kuhn approved 9-0: Move that the Superintendent establish a committee to study the appropriateness and effectiveness of Alternative education within the Jefferson Parish Public School System with a recommendation to the Board as soon as possible.
- Second Reading authored by Mark Morgan approved 9-0: Move to authorize the executive committee to negotiate the extension of Dr. Brumley’s contract as contemplated in his current contract.
- Second Reading authored by Larry Dale approved 7-2: I move to consider and take action with respect to adopting a resolution amending and restating a resolution ordering and calling a special election to be held in School District No. 1 of the Parish of Jefferson, State of Louisiana, to authorize the levy of a special tax therein; making application to the State Bond Commission; and providing for other matters in connection therewith.
Consent Agenda Highlights
- The board approved a contract with District Management Group to conduct a thorough review of our special education systems, processes, and documents to ensure we are meeting the needs of all our students.
- The board approved the 2019-20 academic calendar.
- The board approved a new multi-year contract with Blackboard for new school and district websites. This will support implementation of the district’s strategic plan and allow for better communication with families, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Items on the consent agenda are approved by a 9-0 vote. View the board agenda to see the full consent agenda.
- There were no first readings at the October meeting