“The Minutes in Minutes” highlights Jefferson Parish School Board meetings. To see everything that happened at the May 1, 2019 school board meeting, watch the video above. You can click here to view the agenda from each meeting or click here for more information about the Jefferson Parish School Board. To learn how you can watch our board meetings live, click here.
- Second Reading authored by Mark Morgan approved 9-0: Move that the Jefferson Parish School Board expand the program and curriculum at Ruppel Academy Studies to include grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade and include a French Immersion curriculum. This expansion and curriculum shall be open to all Jefferson Parish Students. French Immersion candidates for admission shall be given special admission consideration as determined by the Superintendent and approved by the Board.
- Second Reading authored by Billy North will be voted on at the next board meeting: Move that Henry Ford Middle School be renamed Emmett Gilbert School of Excellence at Ford.
Consent Agenda Highlights
- The board approved the superintendent’s recommendation for additional TAP training and school reviews. This will include foundational leadership, instructional expertise, data-driven instruction, and collaborative partnerships.
FIRST READINGS AUTHORED BY SANDY DENAPOLIS-BOSARGE
- Move that the Jefferson Parish School Board approve a CEA with the City of Kenner for the lease of an enclosed area of the campus of Roosevelt Middle School formerly compromising a part of the Highway Park Playground for use as a Tot Lot and Splash Pad for the use and benefit of the students of Roosevelt and the public at large.
- Move that Roosevelt Middle School be renamed TOM BENSON SCHOOL. This is the First Reading required by board policy before renaming a school. The second reading and vote will be taken at the June 5, 2019 meeting.