Louisiana Parent's Bill of Rights
Parents, your involvement in your child’s education is a significant factor in increasing his or her achievement. As we are partners in this work together, you deserve to know your rights. The Louisiana Parents’ Bill of Rights outlines your following rights:
- To examine textbooks, curriculum, and other materials used in your child’s classroom.
- To inspect child’s school records and receive a child’s education records within 10 business days of the request.
- To be notified when medical services are offered.
- To be notified of criminal action taken against your child or by your child.
- That the school shall not discriminate against your child based on sincerely held religious beliefs of the child’s family.
- To receive written notice and the option to opt-out of surveys asking certain questions.
- To access the final school calendar at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the school year.
- To view a complete listing of all school fees and the purpose of each.
- To view any school uniform requirements on the school’s website.
- To be promptly informed if your child is at risk of not being promoted to the next grade level.
Click here to download a document with the above information in English, Spanish, Arabic, and Vietnamese.