Superintendent's Special Education Council
The Superintendent’s Special Education Council will discuss and provide meaningful feedback to the Superintendent regarding special education policies, procedures, and resources. Additionally, this council will be tasked with increasing the level of support and collaboration through engagement and education to the community at large as it relates to special education in Jefferson Parish Schools. This council will advise and advocate, not decide policy.
2021-22 Special Education Council Application
The 2021-22 Superintendent's Councils application period has been delayed due to Hurricane Ida. A new deadline will be announced soon. Please continue to check this page for updated information on this year's councils.
Apply today to participate in the 2021-22 Jefferson Parish Schools Superintendent's Special Education Council.
Applications are open to parents or guardians of disabled students, Jefferson Parish Schools employees, and community stakeholders. No special skills are required to be a Superintendent's Special Education Council member. However, each council member must agree to the following:
- Put children first
- Follow applicable policies and laws
- Provide leadership
- Refrain from personal or political agendas
- Demonstrate integrity
- Engage in community outreach
2021-22 Meeting Dates
Council members’ discussions and input are highly valued and member attendance at all council meetings is encouraged. The council will meet four times a year from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. at alternating sites. All meeting attendees will adhere to the health and safety protocols outlined in our Start Strong Jefferson plan.
- September 30, 2021 at JP Schools Administration Building at 501 Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey
- December 9, 2021 at Paul Emenes Building at 822 S. Clearview Pkwy. in Harahan
- February 10, 2022 at JP Schools Administration Building at 501 Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey
- April 7, 2022 at Paul Emenes Building at 822 S. Clearview Pkwy. in Harahan