Welcome to LMS’s Library Website!
*The following information may change due to COVID-19 policies and procedures.
We are open from 7:20 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. You are welcomed to come to the library at any time as long as you have a pass from your teacher.
Ms. Smith’s Contact Information
Policies & Procedures
- Your teacher must sign your pass to enter the library during the school day. A.M. and lunch time will be the 1st 25 students who sign in & stay.
- Place book bag on the storage shelf.
- Use a shelf marker while taking books off of the shelf.
- Be respectful to people & property.
- Be quiet in the library.
- If you are checking out another book, return the book to Ms. Smithl at the circulation desk. If she is not there, return the book to the book deposit box outside of the library.
- Stand in an orderly line to check out books.
- Food and drink are not allowed.
- Students may check out 2 books at a time for a 2 week period.
- Follow JP Schools Policies and Procedures Manual
LMS Library Destiny Discover Click here to search our library resources
Tutoring Websites & Resources
- Homework LA
- How to Study
- Khan Academy
- LA Department of Education Academic Standards
- LA Department of Education Family Support Toolbox
- OWL Online Writing Lab for ESL Students
- Research Process: Tutorials & Videos
- Teacher Resources
- Discovery Education
- DK Find Out
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Jefferson Parish Public Library
- Library of Congress
- World Book
- The Daily Beast
- The Huffington Post
- The New Orleans Advocate Times-Picayune
- Newspaper Map
- Newseum-Today’s Front Pages
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- US News & World Report
How to Learn a Second Language
How to Cite Your Resources
- Paper Rater
- Or, simply type a section of your paper into a search engine and hit ENTER.