Our Core Values & Beliefs
Core outcomes for students
Our students will leave us…
- as confident risk takers who continually set and pursue positive goals.
- being able to read, write, and think critically.
- being able to demonstrate respect, tolerance, and acceptance of others.
Core commitments about how we shall operate as professionals
As professionals we agree…
- that all students can learn and belong to all of us.
- to establish a positive learning environment where students can express themselves without fear of judgement.
- to collaborate, value, and respect others opinions and ideas in order to strengthen instructional practices to ensure all students learn.
Core commitments about how we will operate as a school community
As an inclusive school community, we will create an environment where…
- students and parents value the education that Keller provides.
- all students feel safe.
- Keller faculty and staff, home, and the larger community promote a partnership amongst all stakeholders to insure students learn.
Our community includes all stakeholders (students, staff, parents, and all others) who contribute to the educational growth and well-being of our students.
Our Positive Behavior Pledge
At Harold Keller: We are Safe. We are Respectful. We are Responsible. We are Learners.
We foster and nurture the education, communication, and community outreach for our families and students through the following
- Parenting workshops (Parenting With Love and Logic) *Annual Literacy/Math Night *School site visitations
- Family Field Day *Fall Family Fun Night *Active school website *Positive Behavior Support
- Parent-Teacher Conferences *Interims *Agendas (grades 3-5) *Communication Folders (Primary)
- Inclusion of Special Needs students *Surveys *Parent Organization *Newsletters
- Friends of the Library *Classroom Volunteers *Office Volunteers
- Participating in the celebrations and student recognition programs
- Week of the Young Child *Annual Scholastic Book Fair
We ask parents to become a partner in education through their monitoring of their child’s
- Homework *Projects *Content Area Reports *Interval Assessments *Interims *Report Cards
- iLEAP and LEAP *Behavior
Through the following, we hope to develop Parent Leaders, School Representatives, and Partners in School Programs which enhance the total school environment
- Becoming an active member of Friends of Keller (Volunteer Group) *Serving on School Committees
- Chaperoning field trips*Participating in the Classroom Volunteer Program
- Participating in the evaluation of programs at school