What We Do
The role of the Recruitment and Selection Team is to ensure the highest caliber and the most diverse pool of applicants, both internal and external, for each position, and to ensure the continuous development and retention of the entire staff of employees. The Recruitment and Selection Department provides quality service to internal employees and to the broadest possible applicant pool.
The Recruitment and Selection Department is dedicated to servicing all employees and students of Jefferson Parish Public School System. Our department services schools in each network. Please feel free to contact your Recruitment & Staffing Coordinator (see below for a list) via email.
Jefferson Parish accepts applications all year. Click here to apply for a position with Jefferson Parish Public School System.
Our department serves the employees and students of Jefferson Parish Public Schools by:
- Providing JP Schools with the highest caliber and most diverse pool of applicants for each position through partnerships with the Louisiana Department of Education, colleges, universities, alternative certification providers, and national recruitment organizations
- Collaborating with the LDOE to remain abreast of certification updates and requirements
- Tracking the certification of employees, supporting the continuous development of teachers to increase retention, and processing international visa applications
- Collaborating with Central Office units and principals to maintain correct staffing allocations for certified and support employees
- Managing the AppliTrack online application system, Para to Teacher Pipeline, the Voluntary Transfer, the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and the Early Decision Hiring Process
- Supporting hiring managers in filling vacancies through mutual consent
- Working with recruitment agencies to secure contracts for top quality candidates (TFA, Teach NOLA, etc).
- Advertising online, in print, magazines, news outlets, social media, etc.
- Working with the Demographics team to provide staffing allocations to schools