What We Do
The Personnel Services team services all employees by:
- Assisting all new hires with the on-boarding process
- Communicating with school leaders and supervisors regarding status of new hires
- Collaborating with Payroll to ensure all employee information is entered into Business Plus (BP) and processed accurately
- Collaborating with the Benefits team to ensure that all employee information regarding retirements and benefits is captured and maintained accurately
- Overseeing all employment verifications for both current and former employees such as years of services and compensation
- Maintaining all personnel records
- Maintaining certificated employees’ documentation regarding their certification information as it pertains to their compensation
- Processing all resignations and assisting employees with offboarding
Employment and/or Income Verification
Jefferson Parish Schools uses the the Work Number to provide automated employment and income verification. JS employees enjoy the benefit of quick turnaround for the verification process. All information relating to the Work Number can be found by clicking here.
Sick Leave Donation Policy
The JPSB adopted a Sick Leave Donation Policy. The policy provides for one or more district employee(s) to donate sick leave to another district employee who has exhausted all other leave as a result of a catastrophic illness or injury of the employee or a member of the employee’s immediate family.
Employees who apply to receive donated days must be members of the Sick Bank. Employees who elect to donate sick days to other employees do not need to be members of the Sick Bank.
Employees should complete the Sick Leave Bank Membership Application Form and send to Penny Ledet, Administrative Assistant, Personnel Services. The form can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the Human Resources Department at 501 Manhattan Boulevard in Harvey, LA 70058.
Only employees who are enrolled in the2019-2020 Sick Bank will be eligible to participate in the Sick Bank Donation process and be eligible to receive up to thirty (30) donated sick days from JPPSS colleagues. For questions, please contact Penny Ledet at: email@example.com.