Jefferson Financial Federal Credit Union is proud to announce our Peter C. Bertucci Scholarship.
With this program, we present:
- Twenty $1,000 awards to graduating high school seniors
- A $300 award to each scholarship recipient's high school
- A $100 check to the recipient's sponsoring high school teacher or counselor
Qualifying candidates must be students graduating from high school with high academic performance and commitment to the community.
Clcik here Jefferson for more information.
Deadline to apply: March 1, 2021
Applications are now available online. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2021!
January 11, 2021
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 15th year.
They will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
Scholarship Deadline - June 12, 2021.
Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.
Full details are available on our site.
B. Davis Scholarship
The creators of the “Student Award Search Aid” website are offering a scholarship for 2021.
Please visit the website at http://www.studentawardsearch.
com/scholarships.htm to read about us and to apply for the scholarship. While you’re there, please browse through the rest of the site to learn more about applying for scholarships.
The website was developed solely for the purpose of helping students locate and apply for scholarships. They are trying to improve the students’ chances for success. The site is free and they charge nothing for the information or the application.
The deadline for applications is May 22, 2021
Amount of Scholarship: $1,000
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The College Board partners with scholarship providers connected to the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and PSAT™ 10. Through these partners, students can access over $300 million in scholarship awards. Learn more at psat.org/scholarships.
Below are deadline notifications for three of our partners:
Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation believes that investing in students who are leaders, both academically and in service to others, will result in positive, lasting change and sustainable communities.
Encourage your students to apply to be a Coca-Cola Scholar by October 31, 2020, at 5 p.m. ET, and receive a chance for one of 150 college scholarships worth $20,000 through the Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation. For more details and a link to the application, visit Cokeurl.com/scholarships.
Horatio Alger Association
The Horatio Alger Association welcomes eligible high school seniors to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarships, which range from $10,000 to $25,000.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for these awards.
One application is all that's necessary to apply for state, national, and specialized programs. The application is open until October 25 and available at application.horatioalger.org.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
The Cooke College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
The 2021 Cooke College Scholarship Program application closes on October 30, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., in your local time zone.
Applicants can add the Cooke College Scholarship Program Application to their Common App.
- All college bound seniors are eligible for an opportunity to win a $1500 scholarship to be used at the college of their choice. The essay contest is sponsored by the Metro Club, and the topic is: “My First Vote” Preparing for that Big Decision.
Requirements for Essay
The Metro Club
- Essay must be on topic and stay on topic.
- Essay may not exceed 500 words.
- Essay must be signed by Senior Student on cover page.
- Essay must be signed by Senior Advisor/Counselor on cover page.
- Deadline: Submitted by March 18, 2020
- Essay must have the title at top of the cover page. The title can be on the essay
- Student name and school should be typed at top left corner of the cover page.
- Please do NOT put any identifying names (student or school) on the actual essay.
- The entry deadline requires the essay is postmarked by March 18.
- Contact: Carolyn Van Norman - 504-349-7742
The R.C. Blakes Scholarship FoundationThe R.C. Blakes Scholarship Foundation is now accepting applications for the R.C. Blakes Scholarship program. Bishop R.C. Blakes, Sr. recognized the importance of higher learning, and in his memory, the foundation is offering two renewable scholarships to high school seniors who have a desire to excel and the potential to succeed, regardless of economic background or lack of resources.
The R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarships are in the amounts of $5000 and $2500 and are renewable for a maximum of four total years with a full value of $20,000 and $10,000. Interested students and parents may visit our official website at www.rcblakesscholar.com for additional information and application. The details are listed below.
Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirement:
- Complete and submit the R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship application online.
- Must be a US citizen residing in Louisiana parishes of Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, and Tangipahoa, or be a member of the New Home Ministries Family of Churches located in Baton Rouge, LA, Hammond, LA, or Houston, TX.
- Have an OFFICIAL high school transcript emailed from school administration to R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship Committee at email@example.com by the deadline. Transcripts may not be hand-carried or delivered by students, parents or anyone else.
- Submit a copy of an acceptance letter from an accredited college, university or vocational technical school you will be attending.
- Submit a copy of ACT or SAT score report.
- A high school teacher recommendation form must be completed and emailed from the teacher's school email address to the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thi
s form must be completed by either an 11th or 12th grade teacher who taught you. The recommendation form may not be completed by a school administrator unless the administrator is also a teacher. If this is the case, then it must be noted on the form. Also, the form cannot be completed by a family member.
- You must submit verification of 30 volunteer hours for two years (for example, feeding the homeless, Volunteers of America, Second Harvest, etc.)
- Include a small picture with your scholarship application.
- Write a short essay telling the scholarship committee about you as an individual. What do you like to do? Where/How do you spend your free time? What college would you like to go and why? How your pursued degree will contribute to your role as a Christian leader? The purpose of the essay is to help us get to know you better beyond your scholastic achievements that are shown in your transcript and test scores. The essay should not exceed 500 words.
- ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY DEADLINE: MAY 5, 2019.
All scholarships are awarded for the fall of each year for a maximum of four (4) years (unless student graduates earlier). Students will continue to receive funds as long as continuing student requirements are met.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com or at (504) 529-1302. We thank you in advance for sharing this information with your high school seniors.
R.C. Blakes, Sr. Scholarship Foundation
Tulane University School of Medicine Perry Outreach Program
Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. is seeking applicants for their upcoming Perry Outreach Program on Saturday, February 1, 2020. The Perry Outreach Program is a free, one-day, hands-on experience for high school women who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine and engineering. Students will hear from women leaders in these fields and try it for themselves by performing mock orthopaedic surgeries and biomechanics experiments.
Participants should be women in grades 10 and up with an expressed interest in science, medicine and/or engineering. Applicants should complete the online application by the Wednesday, January 8, 2020 deadline.
*Jefferson Dollars for Scholars
High School Class of 2020 College Applications
Carefully read the requirements and submit your completed application.
The Application Deadline is March 16, 2020.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for eligibility
1. Graduating from a Jefferson Parish Public School or a Jefferson Parish resident graduating from the LA School of Math, Science and the Arts
2. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
3. A minimum ACT composite score of 20
4. A complete ONLINE application including Counselor's evaluation with ATTACHED transcript
a. Parent's Financial Information
b. Student Profile at 100% completion
c. Completed recommendation(s)
d. Custom questions regarding 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice colleges
e. "Submit" button grayed out on your Jefferson Dollars for Scholars Chapter's Scholarship
5. Graduating from high school December 2019 - 2020
Have questions about FAFSA? Click here for more information!
Please be sure to check out this checklistto make sure you are submitting a COMPLETED application.
NAFEPA Scholarship Program
High school students who are on track to graduate in the spring of 2020 are eligible to apply for the NAFEPA scholarship. There are four scholarships, each are worth $2500 and are non-renewable. The completed application is due by January 10.
Click here for the application.