Advanced Study Academies
Jefferson Parish Schools Advanced Study Academies (ASAs) are designed to expose the most highly capable students to a challenging, rigorous, and accelerated curriculum. The academies focus on high-potential students who are successful in gaining admission through the ASA admissions process. Please note PreKindergarten enrollment at our ASAs is not tuition-free.
NEW RESIDENT ADMISSIONS
Advanced Study Academies and Ruppel Academie Francaise applications will reopen for New Resident Admission for the 2023-2024 school year on Monday, July 31, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
New students to Jefferson Parish are defined as follows:
- Students who are current residents of Jefferson Parish who are currently enrolled in a private or parochial school, and did not attend any Jefferson Parish public school during the previous or current school year.
- Students who relocate to Jefferson Parish from another state or country and are able to produce proof of prior residency in another state or country as well as current residency in Jefferson Parish.
- Students who relocate to Jefferson Parish from another Parish within the state of Louisiana and are able to produce proof of prior residency in another Parish as well as current residency in Jefferson Parish.
- If such student(s) enter into (newly reside) Jefferson Parish outside of the established ASA testing window, such students are eligible to apply for admission into an Academies for Advanced Academic Studies provided that:
- The Student (s) meet all requirements set forth for entry into the Academies,
- The Student(s) were not students in a Jefferson Parish public school during any part of the previous academic year,
- The Student (s) have not applied to an Academy Advanced Studies during the current or prior academic year,
- It is no later than three weeks before the second day of the third marking period AND
- There are openings and there is no waitlist for the Academy and grade level into which the student would seek entry.
- Testing will continue to remain open and available to those new students (as defined above) to Jefferson parish who meet the admission qualifications of the required application process.
FALL 2024-2025 ADMISSIONS
Advanced Study Academies and Ruppel Academie Francaise applications will reopen for Fall Admission for the 2024-2025 school year on Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. and will close on Friday, September 29, 2023 at 5 p.m.
- 2024-2025 JP School Application Portal
- UPDATE September 29, 2023
Applications are currently under review and testing appointments are being scheduled accordingly.
In order to be eligible for ASA admissions:
- All students must meet age and residency requirements,
- Students entering grades 6-12 must meet a core GPA requirement of 2.5 for their previous two years in school, and
- All students must score in the 85th percentile or higher on the ASA admissions test
What are the Advanced Study Academy admissions requirements?
Please review the 2024-2025 Fall Testing Information Booklet for complete admissions requirements.
Please see the listing below for available tour dates by school. The school may be contacted directly for tour times and additional information.
- Airline Park- September 8, 2023 and September 20, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
- Ruppel Academie Francaise- September 19, 2023
- Patrick F. Taylor- October 3, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
- Metairie Academy- October 3, 2023 and October 17, 2023 at 8:00 a.m.
- Haynes Academy- October 18, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Application Help Sessions
Parents in need of assistance completing the application online will be able to receive in-person assistance on September 12, 14, & 16, 2023.
To view available appointments and access appointment scheduling, please refer to Calendly Scheduling: https://calendly.com/asaadmissions/application-assistance
Who do I contact if I have a question or need assistance?
Please call the Admissions Office at (504) 349-7792 or email email@example.com.
Seat Availability Fall 2024-2025
Grade Airline Park Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades PreK-5) Metairie Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades PreK-5) Ray St. Pierre Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades PreK-5) Gretna No. 2 Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades PreK-5) Pre-K 60 40 40 40 K 34 20 12 12 1 32 8 4 0 2 15 3 9 0 3 0 0 0 0 4 14 14 14 6 5 0 0 7 0
Middle /High Schools
Grade Haynes Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades 6-12) Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades 6-12) Thomas Jefferson Academy for Advanced Studies (Grades 6-12) 6 * * * 7 0 0 101 8 0 1 61 9 0 3 53 10 0 0 35 11 0 0 0 12 1 1 41
*The number of 6th grade openings will depend upon the decisions of current ASA 5th graders as to which academy they will move on to for 6th grade. Remaining openings for 6th grade will be available on January 31, 2024.
Take a virtual tour of our ASA's by clicking the logos below
Directory of Advanced Study Academies
504-888-0969 Fax: 504-454-6281
Metairie, LA 70003
504-366-3582 Fax: 504-364-1268
Gretna, LA 70053
504-837-8300 Fax: 504-837-2110
Metairie, LA 70002
504-833-5539 Fax: 504-838-6241
Metairie, LA 70005
504-838-2249 Fax: 504-436-0257
Avondale, LA 70094
504-347-4739 Fax: 504-348-3707
Westwego, LA 70094
504-363-4300 Fax: 504-361-1114
Gretna, LA 70053