TRUMAN MIDDLE – SCHOOL DRESS CODE
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR THE SCHOOL UNIFORM
** AN OFFICIAL 2020-2021 TRUMAN MIDDLE SCHOOL ID MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES.**
Boys and Girls
- Pre-K/Kindergarten purple polo w/Truman logo only.
- 1st – 5th graders khaki polo w/Truman logo only.
- 6th graders wear gold shirts w/Truman logo only.
- 7th graders wear black shirts w/Truman logo only.
- 8th graders wear white shirt w/Truman logo only.
- Shirts must be tucked inside the pants at all times.
- Undershirts: Long or short sleeved T-shirts that are solid white, solid black or solid grey (SOLID MEANS NO WRITING OR PICTURES) may be worn under the uniform shirt only.
- Truman PE Shirts can be worn under Truman school shirt.
PANTS 1st - 8th
- Light Khaki, plain front school uniform pants or shorts (knee length) with belt loops.
- NO SKIRTS.
- SHORTS may be worn until 10/5 (lknee length & no pockets on legs) per JPPSS.
- Pants must fit properly and not be rolled up or cuffed.
- NO JOGGERS (no elastic in waist or at the ankle of the pants)
- No skinny-pants, low-riders, hipsters or joggers.
- Pants may not be baggy, sagging, oversized, or worn below the waist.
- No cell phone pockets or cargo pants are allowed.
- Pants must be hemmed, must not be torn, ripped, no holes, no elastic hem, and no cuffs.
Shorts can be worn to the knee until October 5, 2021
- Tennis shoes only with shoe strings (No boots, no slip-ons and no Velcro)
- NO OPEN TOE SHOES. This includes sandals, slippers, flip-flops and thongs.
- No large belt buckles, ribbons, glitter or sequins.
- Belts cannot have studs, inappropriate writings or pictures on them.
- No chains may be hung from belt (example: wallet, keys etc.)
- ID’s must be worn every day with a lanyard around the neck. If an ID is not worn to school, a temporary ID must be purchased at a cost of $1.
BOOK BAGS/BACK PACKS
Only see through bags are allowed (example: mesh or plastic) per JPPSS.
Cold Weather Attire
- Coats, Jackets and sweaters
- Students may not have jackets with hoods or pull over jackets.
- All jackets must be able to open in the front so that the Truman shirt and ID are visible.
- Sweat shirts must have Truman logo.
- Hats and gloves may not be worn in the building.
- Inappropriate items will be confiscated, but may be picked up at the end of the day.
- No Hats, visors, bandanas, sunglasses and boys may not wear head bands.
- No Facial hair: Beards, mustaches, or goatees.
- Items with insignia that suggests sex, violence, drugs, or other inappropriate messages (ex. Skulls, marijuana plants, Al Pacino, Bob Marley, etc.) are NOT
- Girl’s earrings: studs no larger than the circumference of a dime.
- No dog tags, large chains, bulky medallions, or any other jewelry that suggests drugs, violence, etc.
NOTE: Truman School, the Jefferson Parish Public School System, and its employees, will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items that were confiscated from students due to the violation of school, Parish, or state rules.