Meisler Middle Uniform Policy
The official uniform of Meisler Middle School will consist of the following:
Shirts ~ 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students MUST WEAR – Oxford Gray Polo Shirt with Meisler Embroidered Insignia.
Pants ~ All students MUST wear properly fitted and hemmed navy blue, no pleat, plain flat front uniform slacks – Dickie Style # 874 or Elderwear/Tom Sawyer Style # 1240. A Plain Navy Blue or Black Belt MUST be worn. The belt must be one (1) inch in width, with a standard two (2) inch buckle. *** Skirts are NOT permitted
Shorts ~ Jefferson Parish School Board voted to allow students in grades 6-12 to wear knee-length shorts during certain times of the year. Students MUST wear properly fitted, knee length navy blue, plain flat front uniform shorts . -Dickie #47562DN or Universal #U643 or Rifle #GS7610 or School Apparel Shorts.
Shoes~Tennis Shoes, Tennis shoes with straps or buckles must also be fastened. Shoes must be properly laced and tied completely. Both males and females must wear socks.
- Navy Blue Sweatshirt with the Meisler Embroidered Insignia. No hoods or front pockets will be allowed.
- Meisler navy blue windbreakers/jackets with the Meisler Embroidered Insignia may also be worn.
- In cases of cold weather students will be allowed to wear a plain long sleeve cotton t-shirt (Navy Blue, Black, Grey, or White) underneath their uniform shirt. In cases of cold weather a heavy coat may be worn on top of the uniform at lunch and during physical education if needed.
- Female students may wear blue, black, gray or white headbands.
- Headscarves and/or bandanas of any kind are PROHIBITED for all students.
*** NO other pullover, buttoned or zippered sweatshirts or jackets are allowed. Hoods are not allowed. Sweatshirts, etc... that are not in compliance will be confiscated and returned to parents.
Backpacks~ Students MUST have a clear or mesh backpack. Purses and Handbags may NOT be any larger than 12x 12 inches.
***Excessive jewelry is not allowed. Earrings larger than a quarter are prohibited due to safety concerns.
IDs ~The student ID card must be in an undamaged and unaltered condition and worn on the school issued clip on the student’s shirt collar at all times.
For additional dress code information visit the Jefferson Parish Procedure and Policy Handbook. No uniform policy can possibly address all issues related to dress code violation. The administration will be the final judge of what constitutes approved attire and appearance.
Uniforms may be purchased from the following vendors:
Skobel's School Uniforms 3001 Clearview Pky 264-7733 Skobel's website
Soul Train Fashions 3311 West Esplanade Ave. 504- 267-5466
Schiro’s School Time 4949 West Esplanade Avenue 504-885-2993
Schumacher’s Uniforms 3601 Hessmer Avenue 504-454-0427
Please ensure that the uniform purchased adheres to the Official Uniform Policy of Meisler Middle School. If a vendor sells items contrary to the stated policy it will be at the cost of the consumer.