To meet our school dress code requirements (click here), students must present themselves in the approved uniform coordinates that have been purchased from below:
- Uniforms by Kajan
7102 Veterans Blvd.
Suite F in Metairie
- Fashion Arcade Uniforms
3440 Division St.
(504) 887-3308(504) 887-3308
7023 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
(504) 779-9724(504) 779-9724
- Soul Train Fashions
3311 West Esplanade Ave
Metairie, LA 70002
(504) 267-5466(504) 267-5466
- Middle School Uniforms
SCHIRO’S SCHOOL TIME UNIFORMS
5008 W. ESPLANADE AVE.
METAIRIE, LA 7000
All uniforms must be worn without tears, rips or cutting of hems, cuffs, sleeves or body of any of the coordinates. The uniform must be in the correct size to avoid ANY sagging or sloppy appearance. Pants are worn at the waist. No manufacturers’ logos of any kind are allowed on any uniform item, including belts and socks. Tennis/athletic shoes are the exception. Shirts are worn tucked in at all times. Bottoms must be at least mid- thigh length. If shorts are worn under a jumper or skirt, they must not be visible. DENIM, SWEATPANTS, CARGO SHORTS or PANTS are not permitted. Chateau Elementary follows all Jefferson Parish district rules outlined in the district's handbook.
- Masks are currently required for all in-person learning.
- Each students will be provided a single, washable mask.
- Masks exemptions are available for students with certain health conditions. Contact the school for more information.
- Neck gaiters ARE acceptable. Bandanas and Face Shields are NOT considered a replacement for a mask.
- Masks may NOT contain any images or words that are considered inappropriate or distracting.
- (Grades 1-5) Light blue, navy, or white golf shirts with the Chateau embroidered logo.
- (Middle school) White oxford shirts with Chateau Estates embroidered on chest.
- (Pre-K and Kinder) Students wear Chateau Estates purple t-shirts that are available for purchase only at the school.
- Navy blue pants, shorts, skorts, jumpers, capris or skirts.
- Pre-K students wear elastic waist pants, shorts or skorts with no belt.
- Middle school girls may wear a plaid skirt.
Skirts, skorts, dresses and shorts (boys and girls) must be no shorter than 4″ above the kneecap and no longer than the exact bottom of the kneecap. Pants must not drag on the floor in a manner that destroys the pants by stepping or tripping on them. Belt loops are required. Only kindergarten may wear elastic waist pants. If pants have belt loops, a belt must be worn.
Belts must be worn with uniform bottoms having belt loops. No oversized buckles will be allowed. The belt must fit into all the belt loops of the pants or shorts and be buckled at all times. No part of the belt can be hanging at any time. Shirts must be tucked in tight enough so that the belt can be seen at all times.SHOES: Style and color of shoes may be chosen by the student. NO flip flops, backless, or Crocs/Croc-type shoes, furry boots are allowed at school. The decision of whether or not any chosen footwear is acceptable is to be made by Chateau Estates School administration. Tennis shoes are highly recommended.
It is required that socks be worn by all students at all times for health and safety reasons. Ankle-length leggings (white or blue) will be allowed.
Only blue, navy, or white T-shirts will be allowed under short-sleeve uniform shirts.
Only approved coats, jackets, and uniform sweaters will be allowed to be worn inside the building at any time. STARTER JACKETS and other bulky coats are not allowed in the school at any time. These jackets prove to be a problem to store, make it difficult to detect items not allowed in the school, and do not allow for proper monitoring of school uniforms. When you purchase a jacket for your child, please refer to the following guidelines:
A. Navy blue cardigan sweaters may be worn over the school uniform and may be worn indoors and in the classroom. These items are available at the uniform stores. Sweaters should be of plain cardigan design.
B. Lightweight navy jackets may be worn in the classroom.
C. Only solid blue heavy winter jackets will be allowed to be worn to school. Heavy jackets are to be removed once the student enters the building.
D. If you purchase a jacket with a hood, your child may not wear the hood in the building at any time.
Spirit Days will be allowed at Chateau Estates Elementary School. On these days, uniform shirts, sweatshirts, or tee shirts will be allowed with the approved uniform bottoms.
DRESS DOWN DAYS:
Please click here to see our Dress Down Day Requirements.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS:
*Please assist us by ensuring your child is dressed properly each day for school.
* = Parent conferences and/or punitive actions are required for habitual dress code violations.*
- Uniforms by Kajan